wanted radiator hoses

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
lesg
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: citroen bx gt

wanted radiator hoses

Post by lesg »

Hi there, does anyone have any rad hoses for a Mk 1 BX Gt as the mot tester has said they will need replacing in the future. After the problems I had getting a carb for it I thought I had better get in early and not wait until the worst happens. Many thanks for reading this post and look forward to any replies I may have. Les
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: wanted radiator hoses

Post by Tim Leech »

Mk1 and 2 hoses are the same its just they vary depending on engine size.

A 1,9 carb rad is the same as a 1.9d
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
lesg
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: citroen bx gt

Post by lesg »

Thanks for the reply. apparently it's the 2 hoses that work the auto choke that need replacing as they have started to split slightly on the ends. He has refitted them and they are ok at the moment but as I have just had a brand new weber carb fitted I don't want to mess the settings up after spending a fair bit on getting it running properly. So really I would like to replace those 2 initially. If anyone knows where I can get them it would be most appreciated. Thanks in anticipation, Les.
Kaapelimies
BXpert

Post by Kaapelimies »

Tim Leech wrote:Mk1 and 2 hoses are the same its just they vary depending on engine size.
..And the intake air filter box, the round metallic one has different upper hose than the one with a square plastic box.
BX 4x4 estate, several BX Van's and some more normal estates in Finland.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I thought we were talking radiators? The hoses for the carb could be replicated with some correct bore pipe?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....