Now I know why swarfiga was invented!!

BX Tech talk
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Now I know why swarfiga was invented!!

Post by daneinter »

Hello all, I,m back again after a little internal plumbing repair on my ticker only to find my new squeeze has a need of the same. I bought Sleepys car , fell in love with it instantly and got it home today after a wonderful smooth and eventless drive. When I invite SWMBO to inspect the latest purchase that her hard won car tokens have produced and to my horror Stella (for it is she) was bleeding to death her green blood on the drive.

On inspection it turned out to be a threeway plastic connector that lives on the passengerside front near the steering rack and around the rollbar. One leg was split almost to the centre and had shed the pipe. Now I assume from the almost casual arrangement that it is the low pressure return side of things but my question is can it be, or does it need, replacing by something a little more workmanlike. I am thinking of a three way snap fitting in metal, I have boxes of them as I used them to repair the air system on my lorry with them. I,m not sure what size though but it is small (3mm?) Has anyone done this or failing this where can I get the original 3 way plastic jobby.

Belting car by the way Sleepy, Thanks for selling her to me, shes a credit to you and I think this is just her way of telling me whoes boss!!

Was there a need for hand cleaner before citroens??
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

The naughtly girl how dare she :shock: She is telling you who is boss i am sure i have one of those three way connectors i can stick it in the post or why dont you take it off your old one for now.

I have PM you dave.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by daneinter »

Good Idea.

Fumble thumbs here fitted the radio from the old one this afternoon and in an attempt to pull the wiring forward caught a long thin cable with yellow bindings at intervals with a small connecter at the end of it from somewhere behind the dash I think. Its marked 21 and 22 at the connector end. Any clues as to what its from, everything seems to work although it did occur it could be the congrats youve cooked you engine light.

It was just my way of telling her I'm the boss around here really!!!