BX19 TRS Estate Auto for sale

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
jeremyC5
BXpert

BX19 TRS Estate Auto for sale

Post by jeremyC5 »

BX19 TRS Estate, Auto, Towbar, etc, etc.

Since i can't and don't want all the hassle of uploading pictures here, if you are interested, it's currently on ebay.

It's pre-restoration, but runs ok, lifts fine.
It's almost rustless.
80K miles, petrol.
One owner before me, i have the original Bill of Sale.
Paintwork is a bit tatty, but doable, i'm sure, an easy colour i would think.
Needs some steering gaiters, i can see a leak underneath, etc, etc, other things to do, i'm sure!!
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
Way2go
Over 2k

Re: BX19 TRS Estate Auto for sale

Post by Way2go »

As I understand it, you are selling a car which does not have a valid registration number. What are the consequential legal & cost implications of this to a purchaser looking for a road legal car? :?
1991 BX19GTi Auto
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Post by jamescarruthers »

How's Bluey doing?
Last edited by jamescarruthers on Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Way2go wrote:As I understand it, you are selling a car which does not have a valid registration number. What are the consequential legal & cost implications of this to a purchaser looking for a road legal car? :?
Is it not just a technicality he is pointing out that the number can't be put on another car?

Quote from the advert:
"The Registration number IS the orignal since I have the Original Bill of Sale here.

Since it was removed and replaced at a later date, it is now not transferable."
1987 Volvo 480 ES

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Way to Go....
I don't know what you base your assertion upon, but i have the registration document from the dvla with the registration clearly displayed, coincidentally being the same one as on the car !!!
If it wasn't valid, surely they wouldn't have issued me with the document.
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

I'm not asserting anything, just asking what procedure/money is involved in putting the car back on the road since you say "Since it was removed and replaced at a later date, it is now not transferable." in your ad.
Straightforward clarification was all that was asked.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Way to go:
you asserted that i am selling a car without a valid registration number, which is not true.
And you then asserted, based on your false accusation, that this would have implications and costs for a new owner.
Someone was going to contact me, but you have obviously scared him off due to your misinformation.
I thought people here were for encouraging people to keep BXs on the road, you have put doubt in peoples minds about the ligitimacy of my car and put them off.... well done !!!
... No apology yet ????
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

You flagged an issue over the registration in your Ebay ad. If there wasn't an issue why include anything about it in the advert as it not something that others include in their write-ups. Don't try and blame others for your own errors.
That's it as far as I'm concerned and I wouldn't want to buy off someone as belligerant as you!
1991 BX19GTi Auto
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Seriously Way2Go?

The ad states that the original reg was replaced with a private plate years ago and the car now has it's original back on. The advert just points out a funny technicality that the DVLA won't let it's registration number be removed again.

Granted, you'd probably not want to remove that fairly generic reg from the BX to something else, but it just a bit of extra information in the advert that you took the wrong way, and not an error.

From that you stated, as far as you could see, the car didn't have a valid registration number and was somehow dodgy or likely to cost the new owner some hidden cost. It is fine to seek clarification on that but your post was basically a statement, casting aspersions on this sale.

Misunderstandings happen and and easy on forums with all the typing this not meeting face to face. I think you owe JeremyC5 an apology and the mods should just delete this whole mess and leave the original advert up. Hopefully this BX will find a good home.

Here is the advert on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi ... 70&alt=web

For what it is worth, I have met JeremyC5 two or three times and his non-belligerence was apparent then just as his conduct in this thread is. I have sold him a BX and would happily buy one back of him.
1987 Volvo 480 ES

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
really?
BXpert

Post by really? »

Have also dealt with JeremyC5. He sold me a bonnet for £10 to replace my cracked one after somebody had obviously tried to close it with something underneath.

Found him very helpful and honest and would have no hesitation in dealing with him again and would recommend him.

Really's mum :P
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

From what I can see a question was asked from the point of view of W2G's *understanding* of the situation. I don't see any assertion that the registration was not valid, so surely no-one could have been seriously put off by that?

James has summed up the situation well IMO, which I think is all that was originally being asked:
jamescarruthers wrote:The ad states that the original reg was replaced with a private plate years ago and the car now has it's original back on. The advert just points out a funny technicality that the DVLA won't let it's registration number be removed again.
As has been pointed out, it's easy to misunderstand the written word and I'm sure had this been a conversation in a pub or at a CCC meet in a field, the meanings would have been interpreted more easily. I hope that no-one is put off buying the car in the future - in my view the only reason for rejecting the car on this basis is if you wanted it purely for the registration number.

FWIW, I've sold cars which have had registration numbers re-issued, and it never even crossed my mind to mention it!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
jeremyC5
BXpert

Post by jeremyC5 »

Thanks matt, really and james,

Since, after having a better look around the car, i've decided it is so "rust free", i've decided that i will keep it and renovate it myself.

It needs so little doing to it, it would be a shame to let it go through the auction.
It has the original reg number, "stuck to the car"!!, so will not be scrapped just for that.

Hopefully i will see you in it at the next rally, whenever that is..

Cheers everyone.... misunderstandings occur.... no worries!!!
C5 x 1
Ford 100E - Red x 2
Herald 12/50 x 1