Mk1 16TRS £50!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
tim leech

Mk1 16TRS £50!

Post by tim leech »

Cavmads tempting me with this GTI auto, but I need the 16TRS gone if I go for it. If anyone wants a fixer upper Mk1 Silver Auto I paid to have the the exhaust fitted at £70 then they can have it. for £20 less than that (so the price of the car and the exhaust itself is yours gratis!)

Good points are its rock solid innerwings/bootfloor and A posts. just the rear of one sill has gone rusty, everythings there and it works, the interiors lovely and clean and so retro! :D . the suspensions perfect as is the autobox and it drives very well. Theres a brand new frontpipe fitted, 2 nearly new tyres on the front and the power steering rack looks to be only months old. Original dealer tax disc holder and rear no plate.

Bad points, no MOT/TAX, one sill may need work, theres some rust in all four door bottoms which is cosmetic (3 spare rust free doors supplied), theres a dent in osf wing and bumper plus scratches and bits of rust as you would expect for a 20 year car. I do have alog book for the car but its the old type.

Anyne interested let me know. I wont sell it to anyone who will use it as spares as Mk1s are far too rare. Find another one!

You all know me well enough so im tryin to describe the car as best I can.

Last edited by tim leech on Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

The door bottoms are an easy repair (fibreglass will make a long and good repair if needed), dent puller on the wing and maybe a little welding on the sills and someone`s got a rare motor with loads of life left in it.
Come on bargain hunters, where are you? :D
Vauxhall apologist.
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

I'm interested, but only as a source of parts for the Digit, especially as this car is the same paint code as the digit.

But I'd rather not break another MK1. There's already a MK1 on my driveway destined to be broken for spares. It's in particularly poor condition, and probably won't yield many useful parts, hence my interest.

If someone can save it, so much the better.
But if it's still there in a month and blatently in the way......
this might be a signature
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

This is far too good to scrap dave, I wouldnt sell it you if that was your intention for it sorry.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

On the other hand David, Tims TRS has a very good shell, a potential re-shell candidate for your Digit?
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Possible? It needs a few panels but the chassis seems nice except for one sill which is a bit crumbly
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Any pics Tim, not making any promises but i wouldn't mind a early BX
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

tim leech wrote:Possible? It needs a few panels but the chassis seems nice except for one sill which is a bit crumbly
Its just the end of the sill, a very easy repair.
Over and out from me
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

That's a thought, but the TRS is a sunroof shall isn't it? The Digit has the bonus (well, I consider it a bonus) of being a non-sunroof shell.

But, it does have some moderately serious rot, and a fairly large bend in the offside rear wing.

Hmm... it's worth considering isn't it.
this might be a signature
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I would say it has to be worth considering.

The TRS has an unlikely future, at least this way the shell would live on to bring quite possibly the rarest BX in Britain back to life.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

True but a Mk1 16TRS auto is quite rare too and perfectly useable!
Ian_Fearn

Post by Ian_Fearn »

tim leech wrote:True but a Mk1 16TRS auto is quite rare too and perfectly useable!
Find somebody who 'wants' to use it! LOL!

On a more serious note though i was very surprised when i saw this. Its quite a nice car and with some very minor work would yield a good runaround.
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

No disrespect to ANYONE intended but I cannot believe that someone hasn`t jumped on this already and I hope no-one will question the price and the undoubted rarity value of Tim`s car. It has to be saved and if it really does come to scrapping it Tim I`ll do whatever I have to to have it off you and try and have it restored to at least MOT`d and useable condition even if it`s not show standard. I sure won`t argue over the price either mate.
In fact once the 16V is fixed and sold I will definately have it off you and put it in my garage until it`s been MOT`d.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Ok billy im not desperate to sell it but could so with the extra cash, if you want it I will keep it down here for you as long as needs be and we can knock the £50 off the price of the Gti?
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tim, if you can sell it in the meantime please do. Wouldn`t want to muck you about and currently have no idea how long it would be before I could collect or pay (still need holiday funds remember!). However I will do what ever is neccessary to save it.
£50 is ridiculously cheap for such a rare car, it`s in pocket money league and you would struggle to find an old Meastro for that kind of money. In fact scrap prices are so high at the moment that one yard about 16 miles from here is paying £40 for scrap cars.
Think about it folks, that makes Tim`s car a tenner-can`t go wrong!
Vauxhall apologist.