Any BXers in Scotland?

Anything about BXs
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Any BXers in Scotland?

Post by Calfskin »

It appears that we BXers are a varied bunch spread thin over the UK. However, out of curiosity, how many hail from north of the border?

I know of AndyG in Cumbernauld and obviously myself in Fife. Is there anybody else here? Scotland is affy big for just two BXs...

Just curious (and bored). LOL

Calf
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.
RichardW
BXpert

Post by RichardW »

I'm in Scotland - Lanark :D .

No BX's at the moment though :( If I find a really nice TD I might buy it to replace the Xantia TD, which is just SLOOOOOW after the BX! Mind you it doesn't rattle as much!

I do have a (very rusty) Visa Decap hiding in my garage though :twisted:
DavidW

Post by DavidW »

Calfskin,

We travel from Cambridgeshire to Scotland every year for our hols and as each year passes I'm noticing a huge decline in the amount of BXs seen up there in everyday driving. As with down South (and us too!) it seems the bargain TD Xantias have all but taken over for the average motorist.

Just back from a great 10days on the Kintyre coast and hardly noticed one all week.

Thought of you Richard as we rumbled up to Glasgow early am after an overnight at Abington. I suppose your Xantia that needed a clutch last year is long gone now?

David
Citroen supporter for 25yrs plus. Former CCC BX/Xantia columnist. I like Land Rovers & John Deeres too!
Calfskin
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Calfskin »

A Visa? Hmmm... They looked so much better than the AX.

Well, if you go to the east then there are a few. And of course Rene ploughing along the A92/M90 everyday between Glenrothes and Dunfermline.

They have declined :(. Mind you so have many interesting motors. Real Minis and Rover 100s are in definate decline. Oddly enough, there aren't many Xantias compared to the ZXs/Xsaras up here.

As long as finances allow Rene will continue to plough that route (and the other wonderful roads in Fife) :).

Calf
RIP Rene, 1992 - 2006.
He was the best car I ever owned.
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

Hi

I am from Sunny Cumbernauld! Not many BX's around these parts!

I think mine is most likley the only one and possibly the oldest around here.

Unless anyone knows any different!