Which tyres?

BX Tech talk
bowei001
Confirmed BX'er

Which tyres?

Post by bowei001 »

Has anyone tried 165/70 14 Michelin CrossClimate tyres as our 16TRS auto needs new tyres? The original MXL's lasted 16 years before falling apart (literally) and the replacement Continental EcoContact EP's are now 15 years old so it is time for a change. I would like to back to Michelin and it is a choice between Energy Saver plus or CrossClimates in this size. The CrossClimate tread is very different to the Energy Saver/EcoContact EP and I'm not sure how it would behave on a BX. Wear rate and winter handling are not really important as it only goes out in the summer and I'm using it as our daughter's wedding car in June.
Any experiences of CrossClimates would be very welcome.
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Re: Which tyres?

Post by jamescarruthers »

http://www.club-xm.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8179

There was some discussion in the above post (and a few others) on these tyres on the XM forum. Opinion seemed to be that Cross Climate was unnecessary as hydraulic Citroens are supple with plenty travel in the suspension so wheels were always planted down well for grip in the snow. Michelin Energy Savers also highly rated on that forum too for getting the ride right on the XM. The BX should behave similarly, I'd guess.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
bowei001
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bowei001 »

Thanks, Energy Savers will also save a bit of money - useful with the wedding coming up.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I've just fitted a set of 4 Michelin energy to the GT, got them for £50 a pop fitted
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....