FREE BX

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

FREE BX

Post by Philip Chidlow »

RESCUE MISSION: There's a good BX 19TGD Hatch in white, available in Southend-on-Sea, Essex. Free to someone who will get it back on the road and give it some TLC.

Sadly the owner can't (despite wanting to) spend the time and effort to fix the high pressure leak which has consigned it to the drive.

So, without further ado...

From the current owner:

"I have decided to offer my fully functional BX (apart from the leaking high-pressure hydraulic pipe) FOR FREE!

"Yes, £00-00.

""As it stands, it can be driven up and onto a trailer without the use of a cable hoist, etc.

The upholstery, headrests, door-cards and all of the interior is in ‘as new’ condition and could be used in any BX. All the spheres are OK, the two fronts were replaced last year, the ‘main’ is OK, as is the LHM pump and the re-conditioned alternator. Everything else electrical also works OK, including the rev. counter, the electric roof (and which does not leak!), starter motor, blower motor, windows, etc.

"Engine 99,980 miles, uses no oil between changes, injectors and glow-plugs all perfect, and the clutch has at least another 20-30,000 miles on it.

"There’s a very small dent on the top of the n/side front wing (caused by the previous owner’s son starting-up the BX in her garage which was then beneath and too close to a shelf, which then dented the wing as the car’s hydraulics pumped-up the suspension!). I bought a perfect replacement wing from Edwards (in matching white, complete with its plastic inner-wing mudguard) but I never got round to fitting it! I’ll give this with the car as well!

"Although the engine has not been run for about two months, I can guarantee that the engine will ‘start-on-the-button’ when it is next required. The diesel injection system holds its pressure exceptionally well again after I discovered and then permanently remedied the absolutely microscopic air-leak that had developed in the base of the fuel filter’s bowl last year.

"I would like either to sell either separately or with the car are two very good steel wheels shod with Pirelli P1 Verde tyres which have done less than 1,000 miles. They are ‘top rated’ tyres by Which? and in a couple of other road tests run on them. They are considerably better than the currently available Michelin tyres for this size and they run very quietly indeed due to their excellent tread patterns. I would like to ask for £35 each for them (perfect, undamaged, fully balanced, etc.) as they cost me £130 last year."

If you email me yo.phil AT btopenworld.com I can send pics....

Contact me if you are SERIOUS about wanting to save this car and can sort something fairly urgently. I will then put you in touch with the trusted seller (he sold Tim his TZS auto a few years back and is a confirmed Citroeniste)...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: FREE BX

Post by Tim Leech »

Cliff is a top chap, I remember the car having some surface rust in places.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Did this ever get collected?
this might be a signature
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

There was a whole saga about it on FB. It was collected, checked over and written off as too far gone to save. It was offered up as a spares car. Latest is that it's still in limbo I think with the guy who was going to take it to use, not getting back in touch??? I can make enquiries if interested?
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

DavidRutherford wrote:Did this ever get collected?

I think you were talking to the lady who picked it up via Facebook :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
DavidRutherford
BX Digit man!

Post by DavidRutherford »

Ah... that makes sense. I've been off the BX club and group so long I fail to make the links as to who is who...!
this might be a signature