Mk1 16TRS £50!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Tim, what EXACTLY does it need for an MOT?

Surely it cant be much, bit of welding (an evening in the company of me later this week) and what else?
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I havent moted it but apart from a very small crumbly bit at the back of the drivers sill thats about it, prob need the emissions and the headlamps tweaking as with most old cars, youve looked over it, no cv boots split, brakes are all fine and the cables work all the lights work as does the wipers and washers..... erm? Tyres are all good quality and plnety of tread, exhausts all new or nearly new, new plugleads aswell? have some new plugs to go in it too.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

It also needs a strut return pipe. Easy enough.

They noticed on my TZD the remnants of a broken one even though i'd replaced the whole struts.
Over and out from me
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Depends where you take it too I guess and if they know anything about citroens.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Just been down to the compound to start it up, which of course it did first time, all the windows and locks went up and down as they should when I tested them and the suspension rose up smoothly and quckily, to be honest im being a bit hard on what is a 20 year old car, its in better nick than you would assume for £50! The exhaust and tyres are worth more than that alone.

I have apicture on my phone but i cant send itto emailas my phones rubbish. But i can send it to anyone if they want it!
M

Post by M »

Tim - PMed you.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thanks marty, sent.
M

Post by M »

Will host and post the picture later on (at work till 7 and cant access Photobucket from my works internet account - in fact Im surprised it lets me access BXCLUB as I cant access anything else like GSF, 16v forum or Frenchcarforum....

Last edited by M on Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No worries Billy, as I said if you wanted to knock it of the price of the Gti then thats fine with me andyou can collect at your leisure, i can hang onto it for the forseeable if that helps, if I do get anyone interested in the mean time I will let it go.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks Tim, it`s not like I don`t actually want it I`m just (for the first time ever?) being a realist.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No worries matey, will see what transpires. Going to put in ebay once I have the GTi if noone wants it, just to get rid.

tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Right that photo DOESNT do it justice, althought thanks to marty i have a photo!, the bonnet has now been replaced for one that has paint on it and yes its silver to match, the drivers wing has been clipped hence why it has surface rust, I fitted a NEW headlamp and adjusters (thanks Ian) when I got which is worth £20 I imagine!

You can see the bottom of the doors are a bit scabby but as I said theres 3 spares free with the car again in silver, the other isnt so bad so wont need doing but the originals are easily fixed and havent rusted through.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Tim, the picture makes things even harder for me to resist not buying it. Can`t you put some sort of warning on your posts that states `contents may include details of Mk1 BX for sale` :?: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Sorry Cavmad.

:D :D :D CAVMAD BUY THIS CAR CAVMAD BY THIS CAR CAVMAD BY THIS CAR CAVMAD BY THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Cars going on ebay as of tomorrow guys and It will be sold with a £50 reserve so may fetch more!

Nows your last chance to bag it, comes with a spare sunroof motor which cost me a tenner and a new indicator which cost £5 so your getting the car for £35! And the new front pipe which cost £15 not including the fitting so were down to £20! :shock: