1.9 meteor diesel estate

Anything about BXs
Retro
My Cars: Citroen Bx diesel estate 1993
Volvo 164e 1973

1.9 meteor diesel estate

Post by Retro »

Can anyone advise me if my k reg ' meteor' 1.9 flat diesel estate is the bottom level trim & if so are they rare ?

Manual sunroof
No interior light in between sun visors , just side pillar interior lights & one above boot in headlining .

In its full service history 'meteor' is mentioned once in 1994 , then it goes to txd estate .

Can someone explain the trim levels to a new bx owner .

Thanks in advance .
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: 1.9 meteor diesel estate

Post by Kitch »

A Meteor is a mid-range trim in BX terms, but the estates never had as many options as the hatchbacks, so it's probably one of the higher ones found on estate. I'd say probably only the DTR/TRS and TZD/TZS trims are higher. None of them had sunroofs from the factory.

A Meteor estate is quite a rare car, I would say. Most estates are TGD/TZD trims. The Meteor is basically a TXS/TXD, only badged as a TG* and with some stripes. Go figure!
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

I know of one other, which is sadly very dead and in pieces at Bourne Citroen as a spares car.

Rare car indeed, they only made them for a few months before changing them to a TXD, which is basically the same car without the meteor stripes.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Is this your car?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Retro
My Cars: Citroen Bx diesel estate 1993
Volvo 164e 1973

Post by Retro »

No , my ones a keeper

I even tried to buy a petrol one of eBay last year but the sale of my classic volvo was stalled ,
Our meteor diesel estate is being mechanically restored , before the body gets attention .
The car runs / drives & is on he road but we have a good list of fixes & upgrades to go to it to bring it up to fully working order . Heater fan / interior switches , a few bits of wiring to renew . Just all the worn bits after 180,000 miles of smooth driving . I had a look at the bundle of paperwork as as mentioned in thread it is called a meteor for about 6 months on original paperwork .
Just interesting to find out how the models fitted into history line of the bx . I believe out of all the citroens made around this era , once you have one , you don't ever want to get rid !!

I hopefully will give this one to my son in 10years time and let him enjoy it ..

Don't think the one on eBay went for that much either . Hopefully worth more in 10 years time if classic cars will welcome old diesels ..... clogging up the air !

Regards
Retro
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Post by peterwight »

Can't comment on trim spec but as for rarity, I looked at howmanyleft.co.uk, and learned that at autumn 2016,there were 6 BX19 TGD Meteors. That is, mine and five others. If you try it you'll need to go to the alphabetic index. Sadly this list doesn't specify estate or hatchback. Regards, Peter
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.