Bluey the BX for sale again. Now with added electrical issues!

Tell us about BXs you have spotted on the road, or BXs/parts spotted for sale including eBay finds.
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Bluey the BX for sale again. Now with added electrical issues!

Post by jamescarruthers »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282447355210

My old BX which had a fortune spent on it by me and also subsequent owner 'jeremyc5'. It seems to have suffered a large electrical fault and melted a wire from the fusebox!

Here's a link to my ad with what was done to him when I had him in 2013 (shocked it was that long ago!). http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 1227207394

Jeremyc5 has had him welded, but not the boot floor as it wasn't an MOT fail and the timing belt was just done according to the ad.

Re: Xantia spheres, I think the guy has confused my long search for the correct spheres for a 1.4 BX. Anything could have happened in 5 years though!

I drove this car in December and it was indeed lovely. Hope someone gets a bargain and puts him back on the road. I have thought about it but I don't have anywhere to put it and my wife would kill me!
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: Bluey the BX for sale again. Now with added electrical issues!

Post by Kitch »

That's a bummer, he was asking for help on the Facebook page about that electrical problem. I reckon that would be an easy fix, but the rust less-so. Clutch/gearbox is easy on those.

I love the BX 14 with the TU engine. If I had space/time I'd take it on myself.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
bramz7
My Cars: 1990 Citroen BX14 RE.

Re: Bluey the BX for sale again. Now with added electrical issues!

Post by bramz7 »

I'm sad/sorry to see it for sale, I invested a fair amount of money and emotion into this car but equally, it sitting there doing nothing and being second best to my other BX isn't what this car deserves.
Yeah the TU engine is superb in this car. Annoyingly i was having perhaps the most entertaining drive of my ownership when it failed on me last month.
Bluey really needs an owner who will keep it for a long time now, too many short term owners hasn't? done it any favours.
I'll edit the Xantia spheres bit out of the listing, my mistake.