Citroen BX 19 TXD - £400

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
womble3go
Confirmed BX'er

Citroen BX 19 TXD - £400

Post by womble3go »

Citroen BX 19 TXD £400

Owned for 5 years while I was meant to repairing my other one! The car works well and is mechanically sound and will stand for weeks then get up and go. This car will still do a good 45miles to the gallon. There is 8 months of MOT left (to end of February 2018), with only one advisory for a tyre.

WORK DONE: new clutch, gear box oil seals, cambelt every 2 years, new brake disc and pads all round, cam shaft oil seals, one track rod end, one steering rack gator, hydraulic pipe to steering rack, front wiper and blade, copper fuel pipes feed and return, fuel tank cleaned and hydraulic tank cleaned, changed the rear swinging arm bearing on both sides.

The biggest job was rebuilding round the front rear subframe mounts as they had rusted away, and replaced both front mounts and one rear one (there are photos of this work if wanted). There will be other jobs that I have done but they have slipped my mind at the moment. There is a spare number plate if you wish to tow.

The only bad points are that the car is over 24 years old and shows signs of wear and use. There are a number of areas of surface rust but the underside is solid. I think that the battery is on its way out but I did fit it when I got the car. If some time is spent on this car it would come back up nicely.
If I had not got a different car I would not be getting rid of this.

Please ask any questions, and I have more photos if wanted. The car is at SY10 – Oswestry, Shropshire. Feel free to give me a call, 01691 776384.
IMG_0486s.jpg
IMG_0485s.jpg
IMG_0478s.jpg
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Citroen BX 19 TXD - £400

Post by Tim Leech »

Another TXD estate, not many around.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Biggles
My Cars: Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi

Post by Biggles »

PM sent. If you still have it, I'm quite motivated to free myself from the shackles of a totally reliable but slighty boring Citroen C1 for one of these. I certainly would like to know a little more about it and see more photos.
womble3go
Confirmed BX'er

Post by womble3go »

Hi, this is still available due to buyer not able to carry on with the purchase.