Number of Teeth, ABS ring?

BX Tech talk
JayW
1K Away

Re: Number of Teeth, ABS ring?

Post by JayW »

When the J&R eBay listing says "call to check" (which it does for the BX w/ABS) they mean it.

They definitely have the shafts, they had 50 pairs made - I had a pair for the old Valver before it went to Ireland.
I have zero patience for your tedium.
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen BX 16 Valve 89, Citroen C5 HDI 163 -12

Post by senmathal »

I can´t see that they ask me to call them.

Something is very confusing about drive shafts for BX. Every one says there are always 90 teeth in the ABS ring but it seems to be more common that the suppliers sells driveshafts with 29 teeth.

Here is another seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/CITROEN-BX-19GT ... 2219495576 And he ask me to look at the image too see if it the right type. But you can easy see there is not 90 teeth on the image.

I have emailed J&R about the problem and they answer me directly but need more information from me. Now I wait for a new replay from them. I have a new 90 Teeth ABS ring and the easiest for me is if I can change the ring. But I have to be sure that the shaft is the same in other ways and that the ABS ring will fit.

/Mats
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

After some emails back and forth I got this message to the last from J&R

Hi,
we have had a look into this for you, And the abs ring only has 29 teeth
we do not list one for a 90 teeth
You can open a return through ebay to send this back to us for a refund,

/Mats
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Perhaps its worth mentioning that you're a member of the BX Club and that other members have successfully purchased 90 teeth units from them. Also question why they list the shaft as compatable when the ABS ring clearly is not.

If return is the only option then you need to clarify before sending that it will be for a full refund and they will not be making any deduction for the original P&P.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

I shell write and tell them this. Maybe I will keep it and try to change the ABS ring. But first I will look so the shaft will fit expect for the ABS-ring. I have a new 90 Teeth ABS ring since before.

/Mats/Mats
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

Wonder way different suppliers have the same faulty list and sell drive shaft for BX with 29 teeth. Is there a database fore spare parts they all share? I think we can be completely sure that no BX have had 29 teeth, or?

/Mats
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

J&R tell me that they don´t have any driveshaft with 90 teeth for my BX but look what I found after some more seeking. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BX-1- ... 2193998522

And this one for the other side. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BX-1- ... 2193998522

I will ask him for all the specs and compare with my old driveshaft. But I think all BX with 16 and 19 engine have the same driveshaft, diesel as petrol. And always 90 ABS teeth. I think they had to update the list for BX drive shaft.

/Mats
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

Maybe this one is better for the near side. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-BX-1- ... 2424771394

/Mats
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

Way2go wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:43 pm Perhaps its worth mentioning that you're a member of the BX Club and that other members have successfully purchased 90 teeth units from them. Also question why they list the shaft as compatable when the ABS ring clearly is not.

If return is the only option then you need to clarify before sending that it will be for a full refund and they will not be making any deduction for the original P&P.

It seems that return is the only option now. I have discussed with them about the return postage and they will pay 112 £ they say. But for me as a private person it will cost over 50£ to send it back. It´s more then the drive shaft cost. I told them that and they reply that they pay me 112£ They also tell my that they whould have send me the correct drive shaft at teh first time if I have asked them if it will fit. But why should I have asked them? They stated that the shaft will fit BX 19 GTI 16 Valve. And there was no information about the number of teeth in the Ebay site. Now I have send a new message and declared that it was their mistake. Not my.

/Mats
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

senmathal wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 pm
Way2go wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:43 pm Perhaps its worth mentioning that you're a member of the BX Club and that other members have successfully purchased 90 teeth units from them. Also question why they list the shaft as compatable when the ABS ring clearly is not.

It seems that return is the only option now. I have discussed with them about the return postage and they will pay 112 £ they say. But for me as a private person it will cost over 50£ to send it back. It´s more then the drive shaft cost. I told them that and they reply that they pay me 112£ They also tell my that they whould have send me the correct drive shaft at teh first time if I have asked them if it will fit. But why should I have asked them? They stated that the shaft will fit BX 19 GTI 16 Valve. And there was no information about the number of teeth in the Ebay site. Now I have send a new message and declared that it was their mistake. Not my.

/Mats

I think that you need to follow up with another message saying that you have tried to resolve this with them amicably but they are not being fair in the situation as they were miss-selling. Say that you have given them adequate chance to resolve it but now feel that you must ask for a resolution from paypal/ebay if they do not, but will wait 3 days for their response. If you do not receive full restitution you will then raise your complaint about their miss-selling with paypal/ebay, requesting they fully re-imburse you and also give them negative feedback. Also say to them if you go the ebay complaint route, they can send you reply paid packaging if they want the drive shafts back.
I think you will find that they become suddenly co-operative but if not I'm sure Paypal/Ebay will be when you contact them.
1991 BX19GTi Auto
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

Thank you Way2go for supporting me. I´m from Sweden and it´s sometimes a little bit difficult to converse with the company in English. I´m afraid that they don´t really understand me. They argument that they have send the drive shaft I have ordered i think and that is in a way correct. What they don´t seem to understand was that their listing not was correct and that BX always have 90 teeth.

Thank for the tip to take it with ebay and Paypal.

/Mats
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

To underline what Way2go has said. What I would do is to open an eBay dispute in their Resolution Centre saying the item was not as described as it will not fit ANY BX and you want a refund. The procedure is easy to follow and eventually eBay will find in your favour. If the seller wants you to return the shaft make sure that they accept paying for the return costs.
I have been through this procedure quite a few times and eBay have always refunded me.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

Finally I got this message from them.
"Dear Customer as a good will gesture we will send you the 90 abs teeth option please dispose of the item you ordered incorrectly
Regards J&R"
Did this mean that I not have to send the first drive shaft back? Google translate was a little bit confusing.

But as I understand them they still hold me responsible for that the drive shaft not fit. But it docent metter! It´s up to them if they like to have faulty information at ebay. I guess I´m not the last one who order wrong drive shaft for BX.

/Mats
Defender110
Over 2k
My Cars: Land Rover Discovery Series 1 200tdi 3 door
Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5
2020 Fiat Panda cross 4x4 twin air.

Post by Defender110 »

Yes they are saying you ordered the wrong item but you do not need to return it , they will still send you the right one.
Kevan
1997 Mercedes C230 W202
2003 Land Rover Discovery Series 2 Facelift TD5 - Daily driver / hobby days and camping.
1993 Land Rover Discovery 200tdi Series 1 3 door - in need of TLC
2020 Fiat Panda 4x4 Cross Twin Air.
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er

Post by senmathal »

And so finally the right drive shaft arrived today. I shall reply and thank them but once again tell them that they are listing the wrong drive shaft for Citroen BX.

/Mats