FDV : don't just swap it, overhaul it !

Frequently asked technical questions and common modifications/improvements
Kaapelimies
BXpert

Re: FDV : don't just swap it, overhaul it !

Post by Kaapelimies »

The kit 95 669 034 and the filters 95 534 068 have been Not Found in Paris (NFP, not available) for a long time. Where did you manage to buy these please? Thanks.
BX 4x4 estate, several BX Van's and some more normal estates in Finland.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Kaapelimies wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:11 pm The kit 95 669 034 and the filters 95 534 068 have been Not Found in Paris (NFP, not available) for a long time. Where did you manage to buy these please? Thanks.

Whilst that post looks new it is in fact a re-posting with missing photos of the original post dated Thu Jun 22, 2006....................

The last FDV I refurbished had filters which were ruptured. I just left them in and the FDV is still working normally so I don't think it is a show stopper not being able to fit new filters as they seem to rupture in use anyway. Of course I would still fit them if they were available from Citroen.
They do look like a standard part so may be they could be sourced from a supplier of similar small conical filters.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
David
BXpert

Post by David »

Could anyone tell me what is underneath the screw that says: "WARNING ! don't touch this screw"? I know it says "It regulates the pressure at full lock, and would need special equipment to calibrate.", however I think that I have a leak from behind it, so if this is the case, I'm going to need to remove it.

Would it be possible to mark the screw and FDV with tipex for instance, and put it back in the same place? also, is it just the actual screw that moves or does the actual collar move too?
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Kaapelimies
BXpert

Post by Kaapelimies »

I would count the revolutions when opening, and close to quite exactly similar depth. But hey, I've broken a lot of things :D .
BX 4x4 estate, several BX Van's and some more normal estates in Finland.
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen BX 16 Valve 89, Citroen C5 HDI 163 -12

Post by senmathal »

I also did it this way with no problem. Measure the depth and make a mark on the edge of the screw. I don´t think the car will explode :)

/Mats
senmathal
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen BX 16 Valve 89, Citroen C5 HDI 163 -12

Post by senmathal »

Hello!

I bought me a Citroen D Super fore a while ago and there was a lot of spare parts comming with it. I just was sorting out among all parts and find a lilltle plastic bag with some smal parts in. I get a closer look and what i find was a new and complet kit for the FDV with filter and all seals. The part nr was still on it.

Now I going to overhaul one and keep it fore future need.

Mats
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Lucky find!
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.