Stolen Engine g/box BX 1.6

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Tinkley
1K Away

Stolen Engine g/box BX 1.6

Post by Tinkley »

Just reporting that some light fingered b******s stole an engine and gearbox from my gaff yesterday. Engine type 1.6 XU52C complete with BE3 gearbox. The clutch bearing is fubarred but the rest works OK. Engine No is 035793.

Just in case anyone gets offered one, otherwise I expect it went to a scrappy or got fly tipped for 'fun'....

I'll keep an eye open on t'Bay, Gumtree etc. Likely to be in N Hampshire, Surrey, Berks, possibly London area.

Maybe even in Fareham eh Kitch?
xantia_v6
BXpert
My Cars: Peugeot 308 CC
Citroen XM V6 ES9
Citroen Xantia V6
Jaguar XJ-S V12

Re: Stolen Engine g/box BX 1.6

Post by xantia_v6 »

It might be worth ringing around your local scrap merchants advising them that it has been stolen and that you would like it back. There was a case on FCF a couple of years ago when a stolen car was recovered from a scrap dealer.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Swines,

where was the engine?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Tinkley
1K Away

Post by Tinkley »

Thanks, I've dropped the engine No to a couple of local scrap merchants, some will only take whole cars...my guess is also that it may have been flytipped down a local lane, for er er 'fun'... Local garage some 100 meters away said not worth it for the scrap value.

Guess there must be 'big' demand for these BX units...

The motor was hidden behind a damaged repairable Athena and not visible directly from road. It was low down on wood blocks and well covered with a marine boat cover. It was not obvious at all and required someone to walk up driveway or steps to house to see the unit.
There was some weird behaviour from some er er let's say a 'pikey type' driving a mid blue Hilux type pickup a couple of days prior to it going. Pity I was to far away at the time to see the type or get the reg. The vehicle stopped outside house for say 15-20 seonds, driver got out got back in let out loud yell and drove off fast. Draw your own conclusions.... can't prove anything as unit was still there. It's not exactly a one man easy lift though, even if just the box would be. Neighbour witnessed the pickup incident fwiw as I was talking to him at the time.

SD card camera battery powered will get mounted now. I've had enough of this kind of crap. Two years ago the back screen of Athena was smashed, whilst 5 cars in street untouched. Athena was parked in drive with rear away from road, again draw your own conclusions...

On the plus side, I did get another unrelated item back that was not perhaps stolen but certainly removed by an innocent buyer which the vendor said belonged to him, it did not. I spotted it on a marine equivalent of t'Bay - Apollo Duck and it had a unique identifier, which allowed recovery. Insurer was well chuffed, value around £500. Wonder how my insurer will deal with claim for BX engine and box? Ironically I suppose it might be possible to claim for it? I could always say it came from car as the vehicle it came from has another engine and box... I'm not sure how to deal with that possibility.