BX 1 Van 0

Anything about BXs
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

BX 1 Van 0

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Driving along in my Bx today and as I slowed almost to a halt while a BMW '5' series driven by a patriotically atired throwback pulled out in front of me at a roundabout a Mercedes panel van went straight into my n/s rear.

Awfully loud crack! I thought my car was going to have suffered...

We pulled over. Nothing really visible on my BX - in fact, once I got it home I found a 3mm line of paint had been scraped off once I'd T-Cut the scuffs off...

You should've seen the front of the van... Number plate smashed off, bumper dented in and the cracked grille had a 2 inch hole punched into it.

He apologised. I said OK. And we both cursed the moron in the Beemer.

I drove off relieved. To say the least. The old girl showed herself surprisingly tough!...
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Makes a change!
Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I would check to see if theres any damage underneath the bumper phil as these plastic bumpers mask it well. Never forgot my mates sister had a Nova years ago, some bloke ran straight into the back of her at trafiic lights. They duley got out and she went round to the back of the car, seeing no apparent damage on either cars she said not to worry and let him go scott free, no details nothing

The next day when she went to open the boot it wouldnt, the boot floor had more ripples in than a McFlurry! and the rear panel was scrap it cost over £500 to fix then (many years ago you remember) and of course the driver of the other car had long gone!

I rolled into the back of a Fiesta in march n the bug :oops: , which did a similar sort of thing but as he wasnt road legal and my car was undamaged we didnt tak it any further :shock:
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I think the onlt possible damage will be a slighlt bent bracket. I did open the boot and so on, the exhaust sits where it has always been in relation to the bumper, and taking a good look at the rear from a distance I can't spot anything out of kilter, so I think I got away with it. It's up on a ramp on Thursday, so I'll double check then.

Thanks for the advice.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

No problems, us Gti auto drivers have to look out for each other! :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

C'est vrai, mon ami!