1992 BX TD Hurricane For Sale

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
LongPrest
My Cars: BX TD Hurricane hatch
BX TD Estate
Saab 9-3 Tid SW auto

1992 BX TD Hurricane For Sale

Post by LongPrest »

1992 BX Hurricane TD in Triton? Green. Mild renovation project.

Two owners from new, 98200 miles with full history up to 80803 24/7/00 when cam belt and fuel pipes changed, not been on road for ten years or so but very occasionally started up.

Very good original condition overall, no rust on doors, wings etc and paint very good just a few crazed patches and in need of a good polish, boot spoiler cracking up a bit but 'pram handle' style already painted to body colour included, interior in good condition. Two panels between rear inner wing and bumper mounts rusted away otherwise it all looks very solid (not been underneath but had good look round when raised on suspension using a torch)

Engine starts/stops/runs smoothly, no excessive smoke or abnormal noises, gears and clutch all work fine, suspension rises and stays up, steering and brakes work (but discs rusty) no high pressure fluid leaks spotted but slight leak on rubber low pressure return spider at security valve and LHM tank - just needs repair or new pipe assembly. Most of electrics working, less screen washers, drivers door glass comes off runners but may be fixed by time of sale, and sunroof - this tries to open but jammed through lack of use, headlights will probably need replacing for MOT.

Four new tyres fitted so it can be easily driven onto a trailer or transporter.

To sum up, original, unmolested, unwelded car in very good condition overall, just needs a few hours of TLC to put back on road, I may spend a bit more time on it before it goes.

FAR TOO GOOD TO SCRAP..... Will put some pictures on shortly, available to view in Settle, North Yorkshire most of next week and week after then from 9th April.

Looking for offers around £200 just to cover cost of new tyres and other expenditure to get running.

Thanks for looking

Simon
Tomsdad03
My Cars: Renault van
Skoda superb
Beetle convertible

Previous:-
Polos
Fiesta
Metro gti
Xr4x4
Cavaliers
Xantia
Golf
Oh and an allegro..........

Re: 1992 BX TD Hurricane For Sale

Post by Tomsdad03 »

Me I’m interested, been looking for a project. I’ve pm’ed you too :P
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Simon

Any luck?
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
LongPrest
BX TD Estate
Saab 9-3 Tid SW auto

Post by LongPrest »

Hi, sorry for late reply.

The BX Hurricane has hopefully found a new home after Easter but should the new owner change his mind I will be back in touch.
I also have a BX DTR estate that is a F reg in metallic red with GTI 16 valve interior, done 146.000 miles and needs more work but sure its probably not a scrapper, paint on boot lid amd bonnet poor plus some B post welding. Someone has also said they would take it for parts bit I'd rather it went back on the road too, had all new suspension pipes before being parked up 10+ years ago but has been started up since then.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

A DTR turbo estate is amazingly rare now
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
LongPrest
BX TD Estate
Saab 9-3 Tid SW auto

Post by LongPrest »

DTR estate still here if anyone wants to save it otherwise its going to be used for spares :( :cry:
Mike P
BXpert

Post by Mike P »

Hi Simon,
If this does get broken for spares, I would be interested In the 16V interior parts for one of my project cars.
Thank you.
Mike P
"F" White Phase 1 16V: 62K miles & seen on TV
"E" Grey Phase 1 16V: Long term project in bits
LongPrest
BX TD Estate
Saab 9-3 Tid SW auto

Post by LongPrest »

Hi, the car that is possibly sadly going to be broken unless anyone here rescues it is a DTR estate, the Hurricane is going to be restored. both being taken by same person - I will tell him you are interested in the interior, its black velour with grey diagonal stripes in box type sections on seats.

Was told it was from a 16v.

Thanks

Simon
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Possibly the interior for the DTR might be the original - I have some knocked-down seats from a DTR in storage. I took them from a scrapyard DTR many years ago - struck by how attractive they were. The same trim as appeared in very first version of the GTi, I believe - though thinking about it it's black/grey triangles - like a scaled-up triangular houndstooth.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
LongPrest
BX TD Estate
Saab 9-3 Tid SW auto

Post by LongPrest »

The DTR Estate had a kind of beige tweedy interior in originally from memory much like most of the BX's i've seen.

Not sure what the interior came out of but i took it out of a scrapped hatchback and fitted it to the estate myself. I was told it was from a 16v but it doesn't look like the interior i've seen on any 16v pictures since but it does look very sporty, the front seats at quite 'bucket style'

Maybe try and get some pictures on here.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

This is what it looks like...
H-Bone.jpg
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
LongPrest
BX TD Estate
Saab 9-3 Tid SW auto

Post by LongPrest »

Nah! not like that, same colours buy in broad diagonal stripes. Will get some pictures on here soon.

Hurricane has gone to its new home (first purchser failed to turn up)
LongPrest
BX TD Estate
Saab 9-3 Tid SW auto

Post by LongPrest »

Its Stratos velour.