long time no post, BX pipe layout question

Anything about BXs
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

long time no post, BX pipe layout question

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

Hi,

I'm recommissioning my Dads BX 8V GTI following a 16 year lay up.

I've had the rear subframe powder coated but on removal all the hydraulic pipes disintergrated before I had chance to take pics of what goes where on the front to rears. It's been a long time since I've repiped a BX and my memory is err rusty (like the pipes) now.

Does anyone have a layout of what goes where from the front Sub frame please (top to bottom 1 to 4 ,it's non ABS) , I have a set of genuine pipes and the numbers are on them.

I could sit and work it out but if anyone has the info it would save me a little pratting.

cheers Neil
missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
CX25 GTI TURBO CGAT 86 CGAT :twisted:
19TD temp 2 Xantia estate :)
600 Bandit 97 :)
ZX12R 00 :evil:
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Re: long time no post, BX pipe layout question

Post by Jaba »

There is a layout in Haynes (in hydraulic system-system circuit diagram). From memory it does show the pipes in the correct top to bottom order.
I have a GTi but with ABS which I can check if you need confirmation. On mine there is a hydraulic pipe connector on the front subframe near the octopus with four pipes. The pipes on the RHS are colour coded to aid connecting the correct pipe to each one but this may not help your Bx asit is non ABS.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
CGATCX25GTITURBO
BXpert

Re: long time no post, BX pipe layout question

Post by CGATCX25GTITURBO »

Thank you :)
missing my 1992 BX19TGD
1987 BX19 GTI 8)
CX25 GTI TURBO CGAT 86 CGAT :twisted:
19TD temp 2 Xantia estate :)
600 Bandit 97 :)
ZX12R 00 :evil: