Free Citroen Bx GTi 4x4 and 4x4 Estate cars available........

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
Pastis
My Cars: Nissan Note 1.4
Volvo 940 GL 2.0 auto est

Re: Free Citroen Bx GTi 4x4 and 4x4 Estate cars available........

Post by Pastis »

I've just joined this forum specifically - to get a BX! Preferably a petrol hatchback, but I'll look at anything remotely useable! So if any of the above are still going..........

One reason for my search (apart from a happy 140,000 miles in a BX19 DTR many years ago) is that the roads around us are degenerating into farm tracks. My old BX was quite happy on farm tracks and green roads (did the entire Ring of Killarney!) The front wheel drive, coupled with the ability to increase ground clearance, got me all over the place - often to the amazement of passing 4x4 drivers.

Forgive me, this thread just seemed an opportune moment too good to miss!
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

/\ Seen your PM and will give you ring in the near future to discuss in more detail.
Pastis
My Cars: Nissan Note 1.4
Volvo 940 GL 2.0 auto est

Post by Pastis »

Kevin B wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:56 pm /\ Seen your PM and will give you ring in the near future to discuss in more detail.

Thanks Kevin. Just seen cars on google earth! Will need loppers and shears?!
Izaak
My Cars: BX TZD 1.7 Turbo Hatch
BX TGD 1.7 Hatch

Post by Izaak »

Hi Kevin
I’ve just joined. I have a BX TZD 1.7 Turbo Hatch. Can you tell me if it’s possible to fit my car with 4x4 wheel drive.
The main stumbling block I foresee is does the Transfer Box fit my Gearbox ? The Transfer boxes are fitted to the 1.9D as far as my research has shown, so I’m giessing the gearboxes are the same except for the final drive ratios?
The Peugeot Mi16 405R4 had it fitted which I believe to be the same engine ?

Best Regards
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

Welcome. You might be best off starting a new thread with this question though, rather than adding to a year old for sale thread...

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Hi Izaak

I wouldn't bother, the 4x4 system is notoriously a week point and unreliable, with many specific parts, the torque of the TD engine will not do it any good.

if you want one best to try and find a 4x4 that's had the system overhauled.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Izaak
BX TGD 1.7 Hatch

Post by Izaak »

Hi. Yes I’m very interested in a 4x4.
David
BXpert

Post by David »

Izaak wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:18 am Hi Kevin
I’ve just joined. I have a BX TZD 1.7 Turbo Hatch. Can you tell me if it’s possible to fit my car with 4x4 wheel drive.
The main stumbling block I foresee is does the Transfer Box fit my Gearbox ? The Transfer boxes are fitted to the 1.9D as far as my research has shown, so I’m giessing the gearboxes are the same except for the final drive ratios?
The Peugeot Mi16 405R4 had it fitted which I believe to be the same engine ?

Best Regards

Is it possible to fit a 4x4 system to another car? the answer is yes, as I've done it myself, But it really is not easy.

If you're going to do it on a TD, it will be even harder as the turbo and transfer box are in the same place (So I've heard, I've not messed with a TD myself). You'll ideally need a scrap 4x4 car for all the parts, but if you know what you need & can source it all, then it can still be done. Some of the parts are used on the Peugeot 405, but bare in mind that some are different too, and some bits cannot be mixed and matched between them (such as the drive shafts & rear axle). You'll also need the wires and control boxes, differing depending on what transfer box and rear diff you use. you'll need a custom exhaust making, different heater water pipes, the specific 4x4 fuel tank, gearbox, rear axle & front subframe, and some way of securing the prop shaft. The height control rod also needs altering, along with the spare wheel carrier, rear hydraulic pipes, transfer box dipstick, & possibly the exhaust manifold & turbo setup.

Before you've done all the work, you need to remember that the tranfer boxes are a common weak spot & the turbo engine might be too much for it. You'll need a good transfer box & gearbox splines in the first place. I've heard of them being modified to be stronger, but I've not seen it myself.

You'd be better creating a new seperate thread if you're going to proceed and do it.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Izaak
BX TGD 1.7 Hatch

Post by Izaak »

I found a GTI 4x4 👍
Warren Nel
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroën C4 Grand Picasso

Previous cars
Peugeot 806 TD
Peugeot 309 TD
Ford Fiesta 1.1
Mazda 323 mk1
Nissan Micra mk1

Post by Warren Nel »

Where have you found that?
Kevin B
BXpert

Post by Kevin B »

Hello again fellow BX'ers

I am looking to shift on the final red BX 4x4 estate G496 VYP.

To cut to the chase, it's got some well established and serious body rot in the inner sills, due to it's rarity it could be put right, but I have neither the time or equipment to do so, it also has missing parts as follows: ignition barrel, front and rear lights, front indicators, and possibly other numerous minor items. I have no log book or keys (the reason why the ignition barrel was removed)

It has the high spec velour interior.

The 4WD system is complete apart from the unique 4x4 exhaust system (not suprisingly it had completely rotted away apart from the very front section of the down pipe).

This is in reality a spares donor, unless your really keen.

In the first instance preference will be given to whoever can trailer this away as quickly as possible, as I need this car gone from this location ASAP.

Unlike last time, access is easy hence loading will be easy, just bring some wheels and tyres (or means to inflate them), as what is on there is possibly flat by now.

Location is on the A338 Wantage to Oxford road, and not far from Williams F1 HQ.

If I get no takers, then I am going to regretably strip this car for the 4WD parts (for future spares provision for my other two BX 4x4's) and a few estate specific parts. I will then offer what is left on here, thereafter it goes into the crusher.

Vehicle colour is red, and all body panels are good, though paint is faded (might be recoverable with T cut)

Over to yourselves.