WANTED - body parts for phase 1 16V in silver

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Adrian E
BXpert

WANTED - body parts for phase 1 16V in silver

Post by Adrian E »

Hi folks

I'm looking for a few body panels to tidy up our almost-mint phase 1 16V..
I'm after the following:

1. Rear bumper (original has been bashed on one corner)
2. front bumper (mainly after the towing eye cover as ours is missing)
3. OSR door (stone chip left untreated has developed into a nasty blister)
4. Hoop style spoiler, or complete tailgate

All the above need to come from a car with paint code EVEcR (metallic silver), but since the phase 1 16V is identical in body terms as any number of 8V GTIs and special editions I'm hoping there's a reasonably good supply!

If the panels are available in the South around Bristol/Swindon/London areas that would be ideal, otherwise if postage is possible that would be helpful.

If a complete car came up cheap I'd be up for that so long as it can be driven home.

Grateful for any leads!

Adrian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Adrian, are TXD diesel parts (from a hatchback) any use? I have a silver one here with good panels (rear bumper is knack`d though) and front bumper has fog light cut outs too. Whole car is MOT`d (a few days!) and taxed for about another 2 or 3 days and aside from a leaky waterpump would probably drive away.
I don`t especially want to see it broken but ho hum, it can`t stay here much longer.
I`m in Chester, Cheshire and want circa £150 (negotiable) for the whole car. Can e-mail or pm pic`s on request.
Vauxhall apologist.
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Hiya

I'd rather not destroy an entire car for a few bits, particularly if there's not much wrong with it.

The phase 1:

If the front bumper is the same type, and it's got the tailgate spoiler in good nick, I'd be tempted. Only if it's the paint code above though...

I'm going to be away much of next week, and probably without internet access so I may not see your reply for a while.

Cheers

Adrian
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

That's a beauty. =D>
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Cheers!

Was at FCS last year with both this one and my old phase 2, now sadly sold and replaced with a Leon Cupra R for nice days, and a Passat estate for my wife to bash to work and back in :lol:

The phase 1 lives down with my Dad near Bristol and is due to come out of hibernation on Saturday with the new tax month for some summer fun!

Was an ebay special back in August 2004 with a fully documented (and mainly Citroen main dealer) 39k on the clock :shock: Had a few problems due to bodged DIY but most were sorted within a couple of months and was a daily driver for my folks for several months.

Goes like stink, but still needs some tidying and a horrid 'DTM' tailpipe disposing of. Problem being the old man has a problem with digging into his pockets :lol:

Adrian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Adrian, the rear spoiler IS the same as yours and without checking I`m convinced the car is the same colour. How and where can I find the colour code, assume on a plate underneath the bonnet somewhere?
Also,and potentially silly question, does the DTM pipe you have only suite petrol BX`s?
Vauxhall apologist.
Adrian E
BXpert

Post by Adrian E »

Hiya

The paint code is stamped/painted on the inner wing on the nearside of the engine bay.

The DTM pipe is just a Halfords add-on - it looks terrible!

Adrian
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Well if you decide to flog it and it`ll fit a diesel hatchback (or an estate come to that) then please let me know!
Vauxhall apologist.