Happy Chappy

Anything about BXs
tim leech

Happy Chappy

Post by tim leech »

I was thoroughly bored this evening :roll: , 200 channels on my skybox and naff all worth watching so I thought I will drop over to my lock up about 4 miles away and get the 16v out just to stretch her legs, which I did, I brought her back to my place fitted the 2 new foglights which really finish the front end off, then drove her back (the long way) to her nice snug garage and put the car cover :oops: back over it and came home.

Driving my very nice new but very germanic Passat home which costs the thick end of £20k I thought, you know what, the driving position and seats on this arent a patch on my £400 worth of bx! As Ian will tell you im a bit of a clean freak so gave the 16v a quick wipe over, blacked the tyres and did the glass before putting it away and stood back after I had finised and admired a bloody handsome looking motor! And its 20 years old and owes me less then a grand all told! 20 times less that the passat. (which is a good car granted)

Makes all the LHM leaks, wobbly arm bearings, blown dash bulbs and patched up inner wings all worth it after all! :D

Just thought I would share my thoughts! :)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I can connect with that. Just came back from test driving a 1994 Mercedes E320 Estate and, you know what? -the BX was nice to return to!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

I totaly agree with you tim. I have driven loads of differnt motors and always find the BX the dogs bollocks. (Xntia a close second, but only because it's a hydraulic Cit!)

Keep on BXing :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Agreed Richard Xantias a lovely car, I think with me that as I have been around, ridden in and driven BXs for nearly all of my life its like settling in to your favorite chair after a week away. You know what it is what it does and your completely at ease with it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

For peace of mind and that sort of knowing feeling that a car is going to get you wherever you are going, I reckon the BX is up there with the ulimate landmark of reliabilty anc comfort the Mk3 Cavalier. Both, for me, are the kind of car you can sit in and feel totally at home instantly.
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Agreed. My bro had a MK2 Cavalier and no matter how hard he tried it wouldnt die!
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

Regular readers of this forum will know that I off'ed a perfectly good ZX which I had spent 500squids on for the sake of going back to a BX, a J30 MoT write-off that has cost me about J1000 so far to get right. I absolutely don't regret it, it's fun, satisfying, involving and reliable.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

If i think the amount of money I haven spent on bxs over the years I couls easily buy a new car! But theres no cash machines in heaven so sod it! :D
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

Now that I have got my BX the way I want it there is no going back. I dont know how much it has cost me, but it is worth every penny :shock: