Mk 1 16v crank sensor location

BX Tech talk
mac1776
My Cars: Bx 16v, Riley Elf, Volvo V60 D5, Clio 200 Sport

Mk 1 16v crank sensor location

Post by mac1776 »

Hi all, I am going mad looking for the crank sensor, please tell me where I can locate it please, thanks Mac
Dave_16v
BXpert
My Cars: BX 16 Valve Ph 2 Current
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past
ZX Volcane keeping others going

Re: Mk 1 16v crank sensor location

Post by Dave_16v »

Pretty sure it is n/s, look around the area under the hp pump, you should see located down there. Not the easiest place to get at. It is a while since I had to look at one, so long in fact it was on my phase one long gone. I am not near my car to check but 99% it is there, something you see but take little notice of until there is a need.
I take it you have still not got it running.
Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
mac1776

Post by mac1776 »

Hi Dave, I have replaced the rotted out fuel line, refitted the fuel tamk, for £10 I figured I would replace the sensor prior to giving it a go. I will whip off the hp pump and see if I can see the little sod!! Thank you for the reply, I was beginning to think it didn't have one!!! Regards Mac
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

It's under the bracket for the HP pump. Bit of a sod to get to. I did it without removing the bracket once, but it was a bit of a workup.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
mac1776

Post by mac1776 »

What a scream that was!!!! Thanks for your answers. Now I have fuel all the way up to the pressure regulator on the injector rail but nothing is getting through to the injectors. Everything is connected up and the battery earth terminal is getting very warm. How do I get fuel to the injectors? Its like the regulator is shut off. Please help again, thanks Mac
Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

Hi Mac,

Sorry that has not sorted it.

If you look at the regulator you will see it is at the end of the rail, fuel reaches the injectors first. The regulator keeps the petrol pressure at a constant. Perhaps it is not maintaining pressure or the fuel pump non return valve is not working so the pressure is too low.
Your problem could still have something to do with the cranking which is the time a signal is sent to the injectors. As I mentioned on the 16v site, your relay may be clicking but that does not mean it is fully working. It can click when powered up but if the other pins are not passing on a signal, nothing will happen. I believe there is an extra bit of "magic" in the injector relay so if that is not functioning it could be the problem. Have you fully disconnected the relays and cleaned them?

Have you cleaned all your earth leads and connections, the larger to the engine, the one to the battery plate if you have one (a ribbon) and the one which attaches to the n/s wing. Again, as I said on the 16v site, is your battery good? A battery not offering sufficient power could be an issue, you are looking for around 12.6v.

These are just things I would check before you start having to check power and earthing associated with ecu pins.

I wish I had an instant cure, someone may suggest something else and eventually something will work.
mac1776

Post by mac1776 »

Hi Dave, thanks for the comprehensive reply, when I first got the car fuel arrived at the regulator first, rather than the other end of the rail. I take it this is still incorrect? All I have done is replace the rotted fuel lines and reassemble accordingly. I have cleaned all the contacts and earhs leads but judging by what you have said the fuel delivery is entering the wrong end, at the reg? Thanks again, regards Mac
Dave_16v
BXpert
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past

Post by Dave_16v »

Here is a GTi set up for example.

No.2 is the pump, 3 the filter and 5 the regulator.

mac1776

Post by mac1776 »

Fingers crossed buddy, I will sort that issue out, have Trumpton on standby and then give it a run. I will be amazed if I get a result but will let you know. Kind regards Mac