Frosted Festoon Bulbs

Anything about BXs
vulgalour
BXpert
My Cars: 1980 Austin Princess 1.7 HL
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Frosted Festoon Bulbs

Post by vulgalour »

I'm trying to find some proper frosted/dimpled glass festoon bulbs for my interior lights on the BX. So far, every replacement I've ordered has arrived as a clear bulb. I'm being incredibly picked about wanting the proper dimpled glass ones because it is much nicer having those in the car than clear or LED ones.

Has anyone got any spares or know of a reputable supplier? Maybe you've removed some of the original dimpled glass ones in favour of LEDs, I'd be happy to take even second-hand ones.
Dave_16v
BXpert
My Cars: BX 16 Valve Ph 2 Current
BX 16 valve Ph 1 past
BX Gti past
BX Gti Auto past
ZX Volcane keeping others going

Re: Frosted Festoon Bulbs

Post by Dave_16v »

Hi,

I think you are looking for "Ring RU237". Described as frosted.

It crops up from various suppliers when you search. Some better than others so I will leave that to you. :wink:

Mine are still the original ones fitted and I understand why you want the correct look.

Prefer it to the Lamborghini, like Signor Gandini!
vulgalour
BXpert
My Cars: 1980 Austin Princess 1.7 HL
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

That's the problem, everyone I've ordered from so far has them listed with the correct part number and a picture of the correct kind of bulb and then, when they arrive, it's clear ones. The latest ones I ordered are labelled RU237 on the packet, and the bulb in the packet is clear. It's incredibly annoying.
bravo-x-ray
Confirmed BX'er

Post by bravo-x-ray »

A little ghetto trick to share with you, but its only really suitable for LED bulbs though, take a LED festoon bulb, plastic milk carton, a tub of super glue, cut a strip off the frosted plastic milk carton, wrap it around the led festoon, dab of super glue on the back of the bulb where the two ends of the strip meets, job done.
Formerly known on here as The Death Wolf many (howled at) moons ago....