METEOR.ALL PARTS for SALE. Intact 5/3/19 Runs

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

METEOR.ALL PARTS for SALE. Intact 5/3/19 Runs

Post by peterwight »

My beloved Meteor (a 1.9Diesel) now resides at South Manchester Salvage. See their website for contact, or talk to me via this club. Claim it intact if you can do a really radical project. The car needs a new rear subframe. Perhaps Chevronics can supply one but fitting it would call for removal and re-fit of much else nearby, such as hydraulic plumbing. All this I cannot pay for, nor have I a place to SORN it. It has gone.
One recent new part is the expensive ‘octopus’ or’ spider’ in the hydraulic system. You will need one sooner or later. The clutch is virtually new, and that little light in the glove box comes on. Glo-plugs are young. This engine starts instantly even after months of inactivity. If you own one of the few remaining Meteors treat yourself to a correctly-coloured body part or my can of Meteor Grey spray paint.
But, instead of a list from me, simply request what you need. It might still be there, perhaps already on the dismantler’s shelf. Yours sincerely, Pete
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Re: METEOR.ALL PARTS for SALE. Intact 5/3/19 Runs

Post by rutter123 »

That's sad, another bites the dust and one of only a few Meteors left
You say it needs a new rear subframe? The subframe is a substantial unit what exactly is wrong with it?
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er

Post by peterwight »

Dear Rutter, thanks for commiseration . There is virtually no frame left, so the rear body that it's supposed to brace is unsupported. However, I spoke to Rob at Chevronics. He has secondhand subframes for 150GBP (plus VAT), and says they charge 5 or 6 hours labour. An amateur would need a lot longer, but ought to be encouraged by that quote; the problem doesn't look so daunting any more. I hope project-seekers reading this will rush to enquire before bits get taken off. PMs welcome.
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
Meter rat
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Citroen Acadiane
Citroen BX 16 TGS
The moderns.
Skoda Superb
Citroen C1
The Motor Bike,
250 MZ

Post by Meter rat »

I’m sorry you have sent the car to scrap yard. I may be help you with storage if you can get the car back. It would work out at about £600 to have the rear sub frame changed at Chevronics. If you have definitely decided to scrap. I could do with a front nearside wing if possible?
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er

Post by peterwight »

Hello Meter Rat, your storage offer is tempting; most importantly it buys me time in which to have second thoughts. Firstly I'll check that the car is still in one piece. Obviously it could be driven to you illegally (lacking an MOT) but really needs a carrier. Failing that i'm sure the wing would be obtainable. I'll get back to you.
southside
My Cars: BX14RE
MX-5 NB
VW Polo
Peugeot 205

Post by southside »

I am needing various bits for a 88 1.9D project.

URGENT: ignition barrel + keys - would take a complete set of all locks and keys
glow plug relay
clocks to suit ANY diesel BX
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

I have all these parts if you need them, all used and all good to go
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

if its at a salvage yard I imagine its been depolluted and a certificate of destruction done.

Maybe useful for parts though.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....