BX 16 TXS Auto

Advertise your car for sale here. No parts or eBay spots in here please.
demag
BXpert

BX 16 TXS Auto

Post by demag »

Unfortunately due to a combination of age and worsening health we have come to the parting of the ways so I have to sell the BX.

48700 miles on the clock which wasn't working when I bought the car but I think that it is within a 1000 miles or so. The upper speedo cable sleeve had broken on the plastic bit where it goes into the back of the speedo when I bought the car but I repaired it with Araldite to get it working again.

It's been sorn for a couple of years but was structurally sound at the last mot and I don't think it's ever been welded. It had new genuine strut returns fitted then.

It has some dings from the original owner who was an old chap and the paint is (very) flat. There is a sunroof which used to work ok. The clocks nacelle is still not correctly fitted but is loosely in position. I was in the process of replacing the Dexron II gearbox fluid and the gear change had substantially improved although the fluid was still dirty,

There are a whole load of spares that will come with the car including an excellent interior complete with door cards as the old rear seat was ripped. However it is not the original red tweed pattern but a grey fabric. There is a Gates cambelt and waterpump, a (used) Weber carb plus manifold. A box of new brake parts including disks and pads and a number of new suspension pipes. There are two front to rear fuel pipes, a sunroof wind deflector and other stuff that I can't remember but will check.

The battery is dead right now but I'll try to get it charged and get the old girl standing up. Hopefully she is still dry but I noticed the height lever is stiff, so WD40 might ease it.

I'm looking for £500 for the whole lot.

Thanks. Pics soon.
Dave.

2004 C5 Exclusive Estate 2.2hdi automatic.
1990 Bx TGS automatic.
ekjdm14
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.9D auto
Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi
Volvo S80 D5

Re: BX 16 TXS Auto

Post by ekjdm14 »

Hi Dave, it's Dan from the FCF. Not been online much lately but I posted a wanted ad over there as we're looking for a project for our eldest lad's first Citroen. We were/are looking out for a ZX as he likes those but would also be very interested in a BX since it's one I'd like to own myself! Would look pretty neat alongside Black as she's an auto too.

Anyway, I can't PM on this forum yet but just wanted to let you know I'd be interested to hear more and looking forward to photos. If you could PM me whereabouts in the W/Mids you are would be brilliant too since we're in Congleton so the closer the better really! (would be looking at hiring a trailer for a day I think)

Cheers, Dan (plus Emma, younger Dan and Ryan!)
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Provisionally sold thanks.
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.
ekjdm14
My Cars: Citroen Xantia 1.9D auto
Peugeot 206 1.4 HDi
Volvo S80 D5

Post by ekjdm14 »

Wow I knew it wouldn't hang around long but that's phenomenal! Glad it's found a good home, if the deal falls through would still be interested though cheers.
demag
BXpert

Post by demag »

Thanks Dan yes it was quick. I charged the battery and put a couple of gallons in and it started right up and lifted. Unfortunately,when we were loading it on to the transporter tonight it was leaving drops of green blood which may be the octopus.

I was sad to see it go but it wasn't fair for it to be sitting on my drive deteriorating. So it's starting a new life and so are we, we are moving house hopefully soon.

Citroenless for the first time in many years.....
Dave.

1990 Bx TGS automatic.