Remember the BXagon?

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Remember the BXagon?

Post by Philip Chidlow »

In 2009, a bunch of BX's did the 'BXagon Challenge'. We included in the event a fund-raising aspect. It worked well - ish (it was a bit of a hassle getting the pledges in) but in the end, with donations via JustGiving accounting for about half of the total, we raised c. £10,450 for Cancer Research UK.

Now, in less than a month's time we're doing it again. I'll post some updates on here to show how we're all getting on - assuming I can get WiFi when I need it.

The route of the 2019 event does, where possible generally follow the route we took on the original Challenge, with a few modifications and additions.

IF anybody who somehow has missed this but would like to jump on board, contact me - it's not too late.

For many it might be too big an ask to do the whole thing but consider this:

L’Xagone Challenge: Endgame
Sunday OCTOBER 13th
Rendezvous: 14:00 hr
Lohéac: Manoir de l’Automobile,
https://www.manoir-automobile.fr/contact-acces?
Depart c.18:00hr
Simple 1 hour route to: Overnight: FOUGÈRES
Hotel: Hotel de Bretagne?
Hotel alternatives:
Best Western Hôtel Des Voyageurs
Brit Hotel Du Parc
Campanile Fougères

Camping alternative: Camping du Lac, Rue des Rouxières, 35210 Châtillon-en-Vendelais (between Fougères and Vitré). This is a bit of a way from the Hotel (nearly 20km south) but is a nice setting.

Monday 14th October 2019
(Morning: c.35 mls 1h • Afternoon: c.170 mls 5h 45’ Total: approx 205 miles)

START: FOUGÈRES Depart: 08:15hr
Hotel de Bretagne in the car park opposite

Convoy to Martigné-sur-Mayenne and the Chateau-de-la-Motte Husson (TV's Escape to the Chateau, where Dick and Angel will provide us with a French breakfast. We will be photographed and filmed.)

From the Chateau (we should aim to leave before 11:30): we travel up to the Normandy coast and along until we get to: Overnight: HONFLEUR
Hotel: Hotel Ibis Honfleur

End-Of-Event Dinner: At Brasserie les Deux Ponts.

There is a campsite: Camping Domaine de La Catinière, near Honfleur, that is open until the end of October.

Tuesday 15th October 2019

RETURN DAY
Departure time depends upon selected return port and crossing time. Honfleur is well located for those crossing via Caen, Dieppe or Calais.

AND please, if you can, support the charity: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/citroenchallenge

Thanks!
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v