BX Spares Opportunity - Pics on P2

Anything about BXs
vulgalour
BXpert
My Cars: 1980 Austin Princess 1.7 HL
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Re: BX Spares Opportunity

Post by vulgalour »

Stopped by today but unfortunately he was too busy, the place was just swamped with work, so I'll be trying again next Thursday when hopefully things have quietened down a bit.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Thanks for the update.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
vulgalour
BXpert
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

Stopped in again today, as requested, and he wasn't there due to dentistry. I left the list with the helpful staff and I'll pop back next Thursday so I'll at the very least hopefully have some prices for you all.

This is just the way it goes sometimes. I work nights and he's only available days on Thursday/Friday so it can be a little tricky to end up in the same place at the same time. I shall keep trying.
vulgalour
BXpert
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

Stopped in today and HOORAY! Our schedules lined up, though ironically I was almost too busy to get over there today because of other jobs. Many of the items people wanted aren't available, sadly, but many other items ARE available. Pictures coming shortly when I've had chance to sort them.
vulgalour
BXpert
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

Here we go then, some info and pictures. The storage space is dry and nothing has any mould on it, which is good. Things might have been organised once but the space is very cramped and very dusty so it's difficult to get pictures of things, or really get at some stuff. Here's what we did manage all the same.

Tailgate, complete, with a very nice rear seat wrapped up on top of it.

Full set of red doors in reasonable shape. He wanted £100 per door, though that doesn't include the door cards.

There's another rear seat hiding in the stash too. I couldn't find any front seats so I don't know if those are available, and I couldn't find all the interior trim panels. It was very difficult to get anything out due to the way things are stored.

A centre console with rear window switches, a really nice condition black single spoke steering wheel, and a red C pillar vent trim.

There was a small selection of binnacle switches, a spare heater control panel, and some spare stalks.

Glovebox, instrument cluster, LHM reservoir filter insert thingy

Front and rear 16v bumpers in white with red trim, the front still appeared to have its foglights installed. I couldn't pull it out because of all the other stuff so I'm not entirely sure of condition.

Parcel shelf with speaker holes cut out, the blind looked in good shape all the same.

Some rear arms and miscellaneous bits and pieces too.

He's open to offers on items but also realistic about cost for most things. The doors were a bit expensive for me since I only want the driver's door glass. If there's anything you see here that is of use, I'm happy to pass your offer on to him and organise postage, etc. Just be aware you're not going to get doors for £20 or whatever and everything is covered in years of dust and stored in a cramped loft, so getting stuff out for pictures, etc. beyond the above is pretty difficult to do. Or, to put it another way, no timewasters please.
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Re: BX Spares Opportunity - Pics on P2

Post by panky »

WOW that is an Aladins cave, so many goodies :-D
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Is that a light switch there. If so I offer £10 please.
also I presume there ere no front calipers and air diverters.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
vulgalour
BXpert
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

There's a couple of rheostats, a full compliment of binnacle pod switches, and a door open panel thing (not shown). Most of the binnacle switches are grey, one or two were black. Can you clarify which light switch you'd like, please? I'll pass the offer on, I'll be going past tomorrow afternoon on my errands and I'll check in here for messages first.

I couldn't find any calipers or air diverters so they've either gone ages ago or are really well buried. Ideally, everything needs pulling out, photographing, and cataloguing but access is via a really wobbly wooden ladder and there's only space for one person almost stood up in the loft, so it's a bit tricky.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

Think I'll give the doors a miss at £100 a pop, I'll live with the dents for now
Thanx for the heads up Anyway
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

vulgalour wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:34 am There's a couple of rheostats, a full compliment of binnacle pod switches, and a door open panel thing (not shown). Most of the binnacle switches are grey, one or two were black. Can you clarify which light switch you'd like, please? I'll pass the offer on, I'll be going past tomorrow afternoon on my errands and I'll check in here for messages first.

I couldn't find any calipers or air diverters so they've either gone ages ago or are really well buried. Ideally, everything needs pulling out, photographing, and cataloguing but access is via a really wobbly wooden ladder and there's only space for one person almost stood up in the loft, so it's a bit tricky.
I mean the LH lights switch which does the horn and indicators too. Must be BLACK though.
Thickasmud
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Thickasmud »

Thanks for sharing the parts supply and your efforts in reporting back to us.
vulgalour
BXpert
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

Jaba: You mean the column stalk then, I think (unless I'm being super thick), and I believe they were all black ones. I'll pass the offer on when I'm going past next which will probably be Monday/Tuesday.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

Thanks mon ami. Much appreciated.
vulgalour
BXpert
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

Stopped by today and found he's away until the end of next week. I've left a message about the stalks, I need to get myself one of the other headlights he's got as it's better than mine anyway.
rutter123
Over 2k
My Cars: 90 Bx Tzd turbo ven red 295k
74 D Super 5 black
05 Volvo V50 2.0d 180k
65 Peugeot Boxer work van 280k

Post by rutter123 »

Jaba I have some left stalk switches if u need and in black.
90 BX Tzd turbo 294k SORN undergoing major surgery
90 BX Tzd turbo estate 46k awaiting surgery
65 Peugeot Boxer Van the new workhorse
52 Toyota Rav4 180k Bulletproof Jap reliability