Hard to find Hardy disc

Anything about BXs
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: Hard to find Hardy disc

Post by Kitch »

...or you could just buy the once-in-a-blue-moon item at £50. If they've had them specially made, it's not ridiculous, and by supporting businesses who actually stick their necks out and commit to reproducing obsolete parts, you may find it pays dividends in future.

Just my opinion, others are available.....unlike hardy discs :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

“Once in a blue moon” is valid until the garage decides that you magically need replacement parts only a year and 3,000 miles after they fitted the previous one that - shock horror - only they remanufacture and supply. Naming no names of course...
1991 Citroen BX 16v
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

RobC wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:50 pm “Once in a blue moon” is valid until the garage decides that you magically need replacement parts only a year and 3,000 miles after they fitted the previous one that - shock horror - only they remanufacture and supply. Naming no names of course...

You got a free replacement I trust?

RobC
BXpert
My Cars: 1991 Citroen BX 16v

Post by RobC »

Of course. Others may be more easily ripped off though, which is a bit sad.

NB no longer talking about hardy disks- it was another part. anyway I won’t say anymore, but for this and a number of other reasons I’m taking my custom elsewhere for now.
1991 Citroen BX 16v
David
BXpert

Post by David »

Thanks for the advice, Just to add that I bought the one in the first link and it fits fine. It just needed my metal clamp bolting on off my old disk.

I still believe it's ridiculous to charge £50 for some rubber; I refuse to be ripped off for something when it costs pennies to make when the machinery is already there. Some companies only do it because they think they can get away with it (and do in many circumstances).
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

David wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 pm Thanks for the advice, Just to add that I bought the one in the first link and it fits fine. It just needed my metal clamp bolting on off my old disk.

I still believe it's ridiculous to charge £50 for some rubber; I refuse to be ripped off for something when it costs pennies to make when the machinery is already there. Some companies only do it because they think they can get away with it (and do in many circumstances).
I'm in the trade myself (albeit not with Citroens). It can cost A LOT of money to have the tooling setup for silly little parts like this, and although companies may be enthusiasts themselves, their motivation for going to the trouble is a combination of helping the community, and profit.