1996 Xantia Activa

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

1996 Xantia Activa

Post by Captain Slow »

It is with regret I am thinking about selling my 1996 Citroen Xantia Activa 2.0 Turbo.
Its not so much a case of wanting to but it has been sat on the drive since I returned from France, and I just can't afford to run it anymore.

I've had the car for just over 2 years now; Being a 2.0 Turbo, it goes like a 2.0 Turbo.

I won't go into big detail about why the Activa model is so much more special than a regular Xantia....if you're interested in the car you know what these cars do!

http://autoweb.drive.com.au/cms/A_50491/newsarticle.html

BODYWORK: The bodywork of the car is in good condition for the age of vehicle. There are no major dents or scratches....in fact at time of writing I can't picture any dings actually on the car. There are little scuffs in plastic in places...the tip of the spoiler has a tiny one, as does the centre of the rear bumper. We're talking about an inch in size....nothing heavy. Theres a similar one on the NSF corner of the bumper....again it doesn't detract from the cars overall appearance.

There is also little in the way of stonechipping on the front bumper which is nice and I've not seen any rust on the car in any place. Obviously its not perfect, but it has certainly been loved in the past as the overall condition reflects this.

The original fit Speedline alloys are starting to show signs of rim corrosion now, so could probably do with a refurb if you want it A1, but are wrapped in Exalto 2's, the same as when it was released from the factory, which are in good condition and grip the road like they should.

INTERIOR: The interior is much like the exterior....its pretty clean all round. Full Xantia Activa Leather has been sourced and fitted, and is very clean.
All the electrics work...sunroof, all electric windows, the remote control locking and a fully functional alarm and immobiliser. The car also has an Alpine Cd player installed.

ENGINE: Another good point on the car..although its done 147k, the engine is very smooth and runs beautifully. The engine is called a 2.0 CT, which stands for constant torque....thats basically what it has. It just pulls constantly! It would make a good towing vehicle as the power band kicks in very low. It was rolling roaded last year, and achieved 207bhp, coupled with alot of Tourque makes this a very quick car.

The engine doesn't smoke or splutter and fires up first time, everytime. It ticks over happily and doesn't use a drop of oil or water. The temperature gauge rarely goes over half way unless in heavy traffic, at which point the twin fans cut in and bring it straight back down again.

Nothing much to report on it really....only niggle is the drivers seat electrics have stopped working, possibly due to a loose connection, but as nobody else drives the car I have not needed to move it!

ON THE ROAD: The first thing I noticed about this car was how good the hydraulics seem to work. The steering is perfect...some Xantia's have a tendancy to go heavy sometimes if the pump is lazy, this happened, and was duely exchanged for another. IThe brakes feel great too....in most Xantia's you get a 'pulsing' sensation but these are much sharper....feels more like a BX. The stop light goes out soon after starting and the car rises and sinks quickly and happily.

It doesn't rattle at all and everything feels taught and crisp like it should. The Activa system works wonders too....with the sport button off the car is supple and comfy. It still doesn't show much sign of bodyroll but I can sense a bit. Engage the button however and I guarantee you the only reason you're not perfectly horizontal going around the bend is because the tyres are rubber and rubber flexes!

Anyone is welcome to view the car....the first to see will want it.

All in all its a lovely car...I really don't want to get rid but its time to move on I feel.
This car has had a few 1,000's spent on it over the last few year, including a new pump last year, and the cambelt changing last December (05)...but has been looked after as much as I can. It has no tax currently, but MOT is until November, and it has passed its last two MOT's without an advisory sheet!

As I say, I don't really want to sell, but if the right offer comes along then I may be interested.

Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Very nice looking car and nicely described on eBay. Good luck selling it, I`m sure a real Citroen fanatic would love to own it.
Vauxhall apologist.
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Come on guys...finishes tomorrow.
Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD