C'est Bleriot - 1987 17RD Hatchback

Tell us about life with your BX, or indeed life in general!
vulgalour
BXpert
My Cars: 1980 Austin Princess 1.7 HL
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Re: C'est Bleriot - 1987 17RD Hatchback

Post by vulgalour »

Today has been an interesting adventure with the BX. Had someone coming to view it and decided to take it out for a few miles just to make sure all was well and the car fixed itself. I don't know why it was playing up yesterday and not today, but it was fine. It behaved on the test drive too, and it was as if there had never been anything wrong with it so I'm STUMPED as to what might have actually been amiss yesterday since I'd done absolutely nothing to it.

New owner understood what the car is, and appreciated it for being what it is too. They'll be using it much more than I have which is I suspect what it needs so I feel like it's going to a good home. I really hope it treats them well.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Post by Tim Leech »

Its now been sold? ah well lets hope the new owner stays in touch
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

You sold it quickly.Pity you had to halve the price though.
If the new owner is only half as diligent and patient as you were then it has gone to a good owner.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
jamescarruthers
BXpert

Post by jamescarruthers »

Good luck with your new car. Whoever gets your BX will benefit from the love, care and attention you lavished upon it. I'm a lurker but not a poster on Autoshite so will likely hear some of your adventures over there.
1987 Volvo 480 ES
2006 Citroen C6 Exclusive 3.0 petrol/LPG

Previous BX's:
A966 XRL -- BX 16 TRS
H767 BEG -- BX 14 TGE
B316 AMP -- BX 14 E
vulgalour
BXpert
My Cars: 1980 Austin Princess 1.7 HL
1987 Citroen BX 17RD

Post by vulgalour »

The new car is going well, a much easier project to work with than the BX was (so far at least). Whatever that running problem was seems to have fixed itself, the new owner hasn't reported an issue with it and happily stuck a couple of hundred miles on it. I dunno, cars are funny things, this one seems happier to be with the new owner, I'm happier I'm not trying to get to the bottom of the weird stalling issue and haven't got to piddle about with diesel any more so it all worked out in the end.

I hope I return to BX ownership in the future, though it will definitely have to be a petrol because I'm done with diesels now. I enjoyed my tenure with this car very much, learned lots of things, and got my money's worth out of it so all's well that ends well.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

We will be looking out for you with your new petrol BX and hope to see you soon.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.