Early BX GTi

Anything about BXs
artic-steel

Early BX GTi

Post by artic-steel »

As many will know i own a white GTi on a'f' plate, it is not perfect but looks tidy enough, i got some 16v alloys for it & was going to source some later bumpers, i put the alloys on today & she just looked 'wrong'.
So a change of plan, she will stay oiginal, does anyone know what wheels/ trims she would have come with?
I'm sure the bumper wasn't originally that faded, any ideas how to 'get it back'?
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I thought of putting 16v alloys on it too, when I had it! I think, go for the silver original option alloys or use 1990/91 trims (see the green GTi - another I used to own - on eBay at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1 )

(I have a set but they're sprayed dark grey at the moment - they'd need refurbishing in silver)

I wouldn't go for 1987-89 trims as they are a bit ugly and fall off all the time :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Cheers Phil, they look like the one's that are on it, which are the same as when you owned it, that green one looks gorgeous, & i've got to put my 16v alloys somewere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

artic-steel wrote:Cheers Phil, they look like the one's that are on it, which are the same as when you owned it, that green one looks gorgeous, & i've got to put my 16v alloys somewere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about in the back of your car and bring`em round to my house :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

As long as i drive home in your Silver n/a 1.9D
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Hey, I like a deal as much as the next man, what`s on offer? :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Your silver BX for my alloys, i'm not sure about this but i need a towbar & i know your silver one has got that, a water pump?, no probs there i could do that.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

& when it passes it's MOT if you can get a trailer we'll go & get Tim's Mk1
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

artic-steel wrote:Your silver BX for my alloys, i'm not sure about this but i need a towbar & i know your silver one has got that, a water pump?, no probs there i could do that.

http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/77/bunny11wh.jpg

:lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

You've lost me now, they maybe for sale or any intresting 'swap', cash either way as they say.
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

I have a set of the wheels trims that should adorn your car.
Over and out from me
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

Which ones?, i'd show you what she has now if i could post pics, i think they are the right ones
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I seem to remember the trims on it were Halfords generic ones... are they like this?

I think these look good... (ignore the big arrow!)

I don't know which ones Ian's got but it's my guess they're the flexible silver with four double black bars on them at each quarter...

Like this:

• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Thats the ones, I sold them to him, I personally think there very cool!
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

They are the originals then, Ian i'm very intrested. Nice advert, that bumper looks dark & shiny unlike mine