BX Parts available for small price

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Steve123
My Cars: Smart ForFour

BX Parts available for small price

Post by Steve123 »

Hi - long time since I've been on here. I have a bundle of BX parts - some new, some not so new. The stand-out parts are a hydraulic pump (tzd - was working when removed), a front suspension strut off a 19 or 17d (was good when removed), a rear suspension cylinder (brand new for 19d), various hydraulic pipes new and used, a clutch for a 19d (new), headlights, side lights front and rear, electric window buttons, electric mirrors, various rear parcel covers, a couple of door trims holding speakers one missing the speaker grill, carb and manifold for a 14 (carb needs rebuilding), intercooler (used), radiator (used tzd) plus a new radiator for a 14, little plastic trim (near side?)for bottom of rear wheel arch (new). there's a long bit of rubber trim which I think was for along the side of the body (new), couple of brake discs and callipers (used tzd).

There's bound to be other odds and sods I've missed, but if someone wants to make me an offer for the lot, and come and collect - then please do so soon as I'm moving and I hate crying at the tip!
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: BX Parts available for small price

Post by Tim Leech »

hi Steve

i am sure someone will snap your hand off, Medway in kent is a long way for me sadly.
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

Thanks Tim. I seem to remember Mat has contacts in the Strood area, if he's still active on the forum.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

I do have in-laws in the area, although we visit very infrequently. As it happens we are passing though I a week or so's time, so could possibly pick up and store parts if anyone was interested. I suspect North Wales is probably more out of the way for most people than Kent though!

1993 1.9 TZD Turbo Estate
1996 3.9 V8 Discovery
1993 VW LT35 campervan
1985 Hyundai Stellar V8
2016 Hyundai iLoad
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

Hi Mat - I think I've sent you a PM.
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

By PM I mean a personal massage - not a Boris Johnson, that would just be lying.
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

Is there an 'edit' function?
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

If you insist on taking that literally, you'll have to bring your own LHM.
panky
BXpert
My Cars: 1985 BX 19 GT (DKK), 1971 Morris Minor Traveller, 1971 Commer Auto-Sleeper, 1969 Commer Jennings Roadranger.
'88 BX GTi (a long time ago)

Post by panky »

:lol: :lol:
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I am wondering who Steve was in his former BX Club Forum incarnation. There were a couple of members in that part of Kent I seem to remember. I bought some spares off one of them when he scrapped Tom's estate. Brain fade is afflicting me though - what were their names ? Scarecrow ??
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

That's what I called myself - Scarecrow - I was trying to remember.

If Mat takes the parts he can have them for nothing and then if there's any sold in the future perhaps the proceeds could be put to a good cause for the club. Do you have a get together planned (for next year I guess)?

It looks like I'm off to France, finally,
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

The other guy was Oscar - he looked like the vicar out of Dad's Army. Some of the parts I have were scrounged from his scrapper.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Yes Oscar. I went to his house and took a few parts from the doomed BX too, driveshafts, compressor. I remember him saying Scarecrow had some parts too. Good move France. Get out while you still can. Where are you going to ? I have a place in departement 05.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

I think I met you at Oscar's...

I'm trying to move to the area around Avranches, but I need to find somewhere to rent while our UK house is sold. The problem is my 88yo mum is coming with me so I have to find somewhere suitable for her. Otherwise I'd move in with my friend at her place... I don't think I'd manage living in the back of my ForFour like I did the old BX!
Steve123

Post by Steve123 »

I can add to the list a blower motor and housing, electric window motors, a shorter length of rubber/chrome body trim, and I think the headlights may be for a lhd car as I remember Medway Citroen fitting a pair when I went to France before. Oh, and there's a brand new ignition coil-pack for a 1.4 early Renault Kangoo (it was the head gasket, not the ignition). There's also a handbook pack in its folder in reasonable condition. I think there's a new galvanised petrol fuel pipe too - it's a lot bigger than the hydraulic stuff. The suspension cylinder I mentioned before is not a sphere - it's rear suspension cylinder!

There must be a few hundred quid's worth, at least.