Free:unused exhaust system parts. For sale: LHM hydraulic fluid

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Free:unused exhaust system parts. For sale: LHM hydraulic fluid

Post by peterwight »

Since losing my last BX I want to GIVE AWAY two transverse silencer units. an end silencer and two of the long pipes.The pipes/'boxes' suit different models.One pipe is a simple straight tube, t'other is bent to meet its particular engine. I have owned a 1.6 and a 1.9GTi petrol BX, a 1.9 Meteor and 3 Mk2 valvers, but I do not know which bits were bought for which.
Readers will know what their own car has or needs, so rather than post photos here, I shall rapidly email pictures to anybody interested. If you're in crisis mode,that is, driving a very loud vehicle, I'll try to get the remedial item to you urgently (from here in Greater Manchester)). Otherwise,as you've all experienced crisis mode,you'll know it's worth having one in,saving lots of future quids. A silencer 'box' will fit under your bed and I need the space.

FOR SALE: 3 bottles of LHM, ie three litres of that hard-to-find green fluid, For £10. At 3 kilos,i suppose postage would negate this bargain price. Who can collect?
i look forward to your messages, PW
A BX fan since buying a 1983 1.6 in 1987 and subsequently a 1.9GTi, three 16valvers and a diesel Meteor. Their deaths have us done parted, save for one 16V sold for restoration, hopefully underway.
David
BXpert

Re: Free:unused exhaust system parts. For sale: LHM hydraulic fluid

Post by David »

I need a rear backbox/ silencer for my BX. I might need a straight pipe too as I'm going to have to get a custom exhaust welded together.

I'm in greater Manchester too, so collection shouldn't be a problem.

Would you be able to pm me some details?

Thanks.
1992 Citroën BX 1.9 Diesel Meteor 4x4 - The Project.

1992 Citroën BX 1.9 TXD (with GTI engine; Mulleys old car) - Parts car.

2004 Citroën Xsara Desire. (Now gone).

2016 Ford Focus Zetec - Daily Driver. (Absolute bone shaker).
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

I need a front pipe for my GTi. It is a long pipe with a connection onto the manifold and with an inline silencer. If one of your long pipes sounds like it might fit the bill then please let me know. Unfortunately I have plenty of LHM in stock at the moment. If you have the front pipe then I will have a transverse box as well - this will need to have flange type connections and not the alternative slide on pipe fitting.
Thanks for the offers by the way.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
peterwight
Confirmed BX'er
My Cars: Audi A4 Quattro (1998)

Re:Exhaust system parts. Photos

Post by peterwight »

transverse box.JPG
I/we are indebted to Kitch for identifying the exhaust parts, with apology to him for not stating that the two sideways silencers are identical. Anyway all bits have been taken away except one transverse box. Here's a new picture of it, and another (if it's any help) of its number in close up.
LHM still for sale, 3 litres for £10.
ID trans'box.JPG
Last edited by peterwight on Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Thanks for the pics Peter. Unfortunately none of the exhausts suit my BX.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: Re:Exhaust system parts. Photos

Post by Kitch »

peterwight wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 pm Image
14 (TU) front pipe on the left (I think); V.early 16 spec front pipe on right.
peterwight wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 pmImage
Backbox for 14/16/19(carb only) + 1.8 & 1.9D (n/a)
peterwight wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 pmImage
Looks like a crossbox and link pipe for a 14/16/19(carb only) + 1.8 & 1.9D (n/a) on the left, and the same for a 1.9i (8v and 16v) + TD on the right. Hard to tell, picture's pretty blurry. The downpipe behind them looks at first glance like a TD one.

I'm actually in the same boat as Jaba here...those parts aren't actually much use to me, it's the other stuff I need :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)