Rear strut boots???????

BX Tech talk
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Rear strut boots???????

Post by Cornishbx16v »

Hey peeps! been out to cure my squeeking suspension issues i noticed the other day and found this!
now i have managed to bend the bar back to as straight as possible but the boot has had it! i have covered the area in grease to stop the squeeking which has worked but its mot time in a week or so and i am logically guessing that the boot going is an mot fail???? (anyone care to enlighten me on that?????)
so is it possible to get the boot for the struts like you would a cv boot from the factors??? if so are they a pain to change???
any help on this would be gratefully recieved!
Many thanks!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

The boot and clip are only available from citroen but they are very easy to change it is only 1 special jubilee clip and one R clip and it is off in your hand but you need to depressurise the system and juck the rear of the car up then jack upder the rear hub to push the piston as far back as possible I have just done this job for Cavmad as i had a spare suspension unit with boot.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Hi Timmo -

95.577.323 - REAR HYD SUSPENSION CYL BOOT - Dkr109,40
- i.e. a 10'er + vat in your local dollars.
The 2 other important bits :
5272.09 - HYDRAULIC SUSPENSION CYL PIN - Dkr9,90 (lock pin)
26.140.919 HYD - CYLINDER BOOT CLAMP - Dkr57,05

Jack up rear - remove wheel for best access. RELEASE the suspension pressure (important !) to have the affected cylinder dangling loose. Unplug the 2 plastic pipes from cylinder - remove lock pin - press back the rod into the piston/cylinder.
Loosen boot clamp screw and with draw the boot whilecompressing it and freeing it from the rod.
Refitting is the ....
Use copra slip on the cylinder lock pin - and grease the cylinder rod balljoint. Use a small rod or drillbit less than lock pin diameter (2mm) to locate the rod correctly before trying to fit the lock pin. Most likely it will be necessary to pressurise the suspension to compress the new boot rubber for lock pin insertion.

Good luck !
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

excellent! thanks chaps!
one thing though!! are they citroen part numbers??? :oops: :oops:
many thnaks!
Timmo.

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Cornishbx16v wrote: are they citroen part numbers??? :oops: :oops:
Yup 8)
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

The damage has probably caused by some cack fisted person shoving a trolley jack under there, dont forget to bend the steel cross bit back down, it should be horizontal. Gareth Wales and I replaced them on his TZD recently, not too bad a task.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

umm well the cack fisted person might have been me! loL! i used to put the axel stand under there in the early days until i saw it a bit bent then shoved it where it should have been on the beam! lol! but i can only assume that when the car was on the low loader it sat on a clamping point or something to shove it up that much!
i have straightened them back out now!
Timmo.

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

You are definitely not the first :oops:
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

Timmo,
Contact Yvonne Woodmason at Yeomans Plymouth (01752 226633) who got the boot for me that you now need. Yvonne is a BXparts expert!
As Steart mentioned, some idiot* caused exactly that damage to my rear suspension - that bar is just too handy.
* :oops: :oops: :oops:
Gareth Wales
BXpert

Post by Gareth Wales »

Timmo,
Just another thought: Stewart suggested the rigid hydraulic line to the sphere might well be very cheesy indeed. So check it ; you might want to order a new one (plus new seals) with the boot.

Good luck
Gareth
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

i thank you! will do so! gsf have the parts too under investigation but dont have the lock pin! using pr.net looks like in total it should be £20.57 a side from citroen so thats not too bad at all! so shall be giving them a tinkle tomorow! (i have a relatively good one in blackwater - 5 miles from me!)
Timmo.

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk