Wanted for 16v P2

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
prm-comp
My Cars: Citroen BX 16v

Wanted for 16v P2

Post by prm-comp »

Wanted. Headlights with good reflectors. With, if possible, side light bulb holders.

Finally removed the cover to make a start with repairs.
The car has a tow bar fitted with ball hitch. Been there for quite a few years, consequently covered in surface rust. Have front-to-rear hydraulic pipes to replace later this year, before it snows!! so will be permanently removing.
If this can be of use to any member let me know. Free.
Last edited by prm-comp on Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tim Leech
Over 2k
My Cars: Various

Re: Wanted for 16v P2

Post by Tim Leech »

These parts are non 16v specific so any ones will fit from a Mk2
Lots of Motors, mostly semi broken....
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Fag lighter: which part do you want, the fixed socket or the plug in glow plug like bit?
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
prm-comp

Post by prm-comp »

Thanks Tim and Jaba.
I'm mainly after the socket as the centralising heating coil tabs inside, at the rear of the socket are broken.
Regards
white exec
BXpert
My Cars: 1992 BX19D Millesime
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Post by white exec »

If you're not going to use the socket as an actual lighter, then the (4?) 'centralising' +12v tabs are not needed. These only make contact with the ring round the end of the glow-plug, when pushed in, power it up, and release it when things are orange-hot.

The tabs have no function when the socket is just used as a power source, as all power plugs/adaptors have a central spring-loaded pin, to make contact with the central screw in the base of the socket.

A cigarette lighter socket can usually be converted to a 'non-igniting' power socket simply by removing the 4-tab widget, held in place by the central screw.
Chris
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

white exec wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:13 pm If you're not going to use the socket as an actual lighter, then the (4?) 'centralising' +12v tabs are not needed. These only make contact with the ring at the end of the glow-plug, when pushed in, power it up, and release it when things are orange-hot.

The tabs have no function when the socket is just used as a power source, as all power plugs/adaptors have a central spring-loaded pin, to make contact with the central screw in the base of the socket.

A cigarette lighter socket can usually be converted to a 'non-igniting' power socket simply by removing the 4-tab widget, held in place by the central screw.
I use mine as a USB socket by pushing in an adapter. When my tabs broke the spring loading of the central contact tended to push the adapter out thus losing contact so those retaining tabs do have a use.
Perhaps Pete (PRM) is a smoker and needs his tabs. I am afraid I do not have a working spare.
A good mod for today's motorist would be to fit a replacement double USB adapter into the central console instead of the 12v volt socket.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
prm-comp

Post by prm-comp »

I use the socket for a connection point for a 4w/12-14v solar panel, working as a battery voltage maintainer. Currently, unable to charge from the alternator. As the socket has a permanent supply its very handy while working on the car. (smoking??. Thinking of modifying a stick type vape to fit)
white exec
BXpert
My Cars: 1992 BX19D Millesime
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Post by white exec »

Increase the leverage of the Ground side spring/clip on your charger plug (tease or pack it out), to keep it more firmly located in the socket.
Spring on the tip should be relatively weak.
Chris
Eathan
My Cars: BX TZD
V6 Xantia

Various Datsuns, Vauxhalls, VW Beetles x3

Post by Eathan »

Hi, I am breaking a BX and still have the cigarette socket, happy to post to UK mainland address
prm-comp

Post by prm-comp »

Thanks Eathan... Will send PM. Pete.
Jaba
1K Away

Post by Jaba »

white exec wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:38 pm Increase the leverage of the Ground side spring/clip on your charger plug (tease or pack it out), to keep it more firmly located in the socket.
Spring on the tip should be relatively weak.
Well I am a ductape dude and use it wrapped around the adapter to make it a firm fit in the socket