Indicator Self Cancel Lug Wanted

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Fumbler
BXpert
My Cars: Citroen BX14 RE
Nissan Micra Shape

Indicator Self Cancel Lug Wanted

Post by Fumbler »

Oh dear, I want more stuff again.

I've only just replace dthe steering wheel with the one I bought from Gary C (thanks a bunch!). I noticed there's no self cancel tab on the wheel like on my old one. In fact, I cannot remove the lug on the old wheel as it's part of the casting!
PXL_20211120_135634845.jpg
The new wheel has a croove for a circlip, which would hold the lug in place. Does anybody have one of these lugs hanging around? I rather liked having self-cancelling indicators, but it's no bother adjusting to the Proper Citroen Way of driving.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: Indicator Self Cancel Lug Wanted

Post by Kitch »

Wow, never seen one where the lug isn't removable! It's normally plastic.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Fumbler
BXpert
Nissan Micra Shape

Post by Fumbler »

Kitch wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:37 am Wow, never seen one where the lug isn't removable! It's normally plastic.
Yeah, took me by surprise. The old wheel's frame is cast aluminium, which also explains why it was so difficult to get off the steel column. I'm not sure what to do with it, to be honest. As a steering wheel, it's proper nasty- all the rubber is falling off and degrading. Its one redeeming feature is that it's made of aluminium, and scrap prices are favourable but I wouldn't be happy throwing it away. That is, unless, there is literally no way to restore it (which seems rather unlikely).
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Just found one if you need it

white exec
BXpert
My Cars: 1992 BX19D Millesime
- LHD, NA, AC, RP_5800
1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive

Post by white exec »

A smear of copper grease (or even ordinary grease) on the splines/taper will make it easier to remove the wheel in future.
When removing, slacken the large nut by about 1mm, leave it on, then give the wheel a good wiggle and a clout from behind. The nut will stop the wheel from jumping off dramatically.
Chris
Fumbler
BXpert
Nissan Micra Shape

Post by Fumbler »

Kitch wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:10 pm Just found one if you need it
Yes please!
white exec wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm A smear of copper grease (or even ordinary grease) on the splines/taper will make it easier to remove the wheel in future.
When removing, slacken the large nut by about 1mm, leave it on, then give the wheel a good wiggle and a clout from behind. The nut will stop the wheel from jumping off dramatically.
I should have done the copper grease thing, but I did the rest when I took the wheel off. In the end, it required hitting around the splines with a hammer and screwdriver to free the bond between the alloy and steel column.
Kitch
Over 2k

Post by Kitch »

Fumbler wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:32 am
Kitch wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:10 pm Just found one if you need it
Yes please!
white exec wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:02 pm A smear of copper grease (or even ordinary grease) on the splines/taper will make it easier to remove the wheel in future.
I should have done the copper grease thing, but I did the rest when I took the wheel off. In the end, it required hitting around the splines with a hammer and screwdriver to free the bond between the alloy and steel column.
PM me the address.