This one sold for one thousand eight hundred pounds.

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

This one sold for one thousand eight hundred pounds.

Post by Jaba »

They obviously value the BX much more highly in France. Look at the price this one went for.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

Looks more like an 89 model to me as well. The seats look like the primitive unadjustable ones. But nice car nevertheless.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
M

Re: This one sold for one thousand eight hundred pounds.

Post by M »

Jaba wrote:They obviously value the BX much more highly in France.
Ahh, but thats because most French Mechanics can be bothered to work on a BX and dont suck through their teeth when you bring one into the garage to have some work done. So more cars are kept going for longer in a well maintained state.

I imagine to your average French Geezer would think it utter madness to scrap a BX for want of say the rear arm bearings. Sadly in this country many a BX has gone to the motorway in the sky for just this reason, oh that and the thousands of tonnes of salt we rub into our cars each winter.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Indeed marty, hency why mine are both in garages and undercover.
mat_fenwick

Post by mat_fenwick »

On the subject of French mechanics I was most impressed when on a recent holiday I turned up at a dealer at 6 o clock on a Friday afternoon with a dying alternator. Not only did they have the correct heavy duty (for air con) alternator in stock, they fitted it at 8 the next morning.
Not so impressive was the €350 price, especially as I had a recently reconditioned one sitting in the shed at home as a spare...
tom
Citroen Sorceror
My Cars: 2003- Passe-Partout 1.9 TGD estate
2005 Grolliffe Tizzydee turbo estate and sundry other BXs and Grace, a CX TRD.
2008 to 2023 - all sorts of stuff, some interesting
2024. TxD 1.9D estate. 'Wheelybin'

Post by tom »

Simple. When a car costs 50% of a house, you keep it going.
The French buy cars as tools, not to look good. BXs are good tools. £1800 for a low miles aircon car sounds about right.