heater flap

BX Tech talk
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

heater flap

Post by timbo »

i cannot turn the fan control around to close the "flap". As i cannot get the air to come through even with the fan at maximum, is it possible for the problem to be at the "flap" end? If this is the case, what is the best way of tackling this. the manual is about as clear as mud to me. Has anybody had to do this before?
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Start at the knob end - its easier and on route to the rest! What you will probably have to do is to find the cable and follow it to the heater box and see what has happened. It may be a cable problem or it may be the flap but I think the only way you will find the flap is to follow the cable to it.
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

ooohhhh ... I tried earlier and it's not easy for a rather large person to squeeze into the footwell .... squeeze it will have to be then :D
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Being a not inconsiderable size myself I have considered training slim little urchins to do it... :lol:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Now do you understand my love of ferrets? I just sit back with a cattle prod and a beer and let them get on with all the niggly little jobs :wink:

Oh and they're quite nice on a bbq too 8)
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I understood that mechanics working on french cars were a special breed with extra joints in their arms - which was why they charged so much.