brake pipe

BX Tech talk
barry badger
BXpert

brake pipe

Post by barry badger »

Can anyone tell me if the rear curly brake pipes are the same for abs/non abs. my lhr brake pipe has needed replacing for a long time, i was under the car last night and it looks worrying now. i've had a quick look on ebay and couldn't see one, chevronics had one a while ago but listed for abs. I do have one on an abs bx i'm breaking but thought i'd ask on here first as the car is tightly packed in the garage.
thanks a lot!
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Re: brake pipe

Post by Kitch »

ABS cars have 4.5mm pipes to supply the union on the rear axle, but 3.5mm from that to the caliper (the curly pipes)
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!
Jaba
1K Away
My Cars: BX GTi, C3 Auto

Post by Jaba »

Pleiades can supply a new one in cupro-nickel if the removal does not go well.
The Joy of BX with just one Citroën BX to my name now. Will I sing Bye Bye to my GTI or will it be Till death us do part.
barry badger
BXpert

Post by barry badger »

Thanks so much for your replies! O:)
That's good so the one i have will be ok, i seem to remember putting two new ones on it a few months before i parked it up in 2011. Tbh what prompted me to look underneath was a large green puddle seeping out from under it as my other half was dropping my lunch off to me. It springs a large leak roughly every 9 months ive worked out, this time it was the return pipe on the bottom of the front height corrector. the one before this was the rubber pipe on the bottom of the regulator, before that the octopus and before that a rear cylinder had perforated. There's a pattern of bad maintenance emerging here! :oops:
I also noticed two of the front to rears are looking rough too and yet they were ok at the time of it's mot last jan. Looks like i've got a lot to do!
1993 tzd estate, on sorn
1992 tzd estate, slowly being raided for parts
1992 txd estate, "doom blue" on the road
1991 4x4 estate, on sorn