Fuel filler pipe problem.

BX Tech talk
saint gaz
BXpert

Fuel filler pipe problem.

Post by saint gaz »

I have just been to fill up. And as i went to put the nozzel back in the pump there was the metal ring on it that has come adrift from the car. This is the part that the lock locates on to "lock".
I got home and had a look and the metal ring has basicly corroded away. Is this an easy fix or a garage job. Any one know where to get a new one from i presume it's a "dealer only" part. can it be bonded back in place with say plastic metal or something similar.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
gary
saint gaz
BXpert

Post by saint gaz »

I went to my local citroen dealer after work. I have ordered the parts.
richard
BXpert

Post by richard »

Same happened to mine! The metal ring split at the bottom on mine and was like that for long enough to let all the crap and water thrown up by the wheels down the filler neck and into the tank.

Killed a carb :x :x
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

BOLLOCKS!

Been away for the weekend, i have one of these in the garage that i paid £8 for but its neither use nor ornament as i have the magic long rang tank! Ho Hum!

If anyone wants the filler neck for a Petrol with long range tank please l;et me know! I bought one from citroen and it cost nearly £40 but they have changed the design and there are now different ones for the Petrols and Diesels, you guessed it, the diesel nozzle wont fit in the petrol hole so is also totally useless to me! Cant afford to go buy the right one until i get rid of the old ones really :(

Poor rusty hole!