Wanted! Diesel squeezy thing!

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Wanted! Diesel squeezy thing!

Post by cavmad »

Anyone got a spare known good diesel `bulb`? You`ll all know my technical/mechanical knowledge borders on the laughable but I`m after that black rubber `bulb` which you squeeze to get diesel through the system. Found near the fuel filter, it`s for the 1.9TD but I`d guess that they`re all the same? Mine`s split and causing starting problems. Will pay a reasonable price (if it can be posted to Cheshire) by Paypal or Postal Orders if wanted.
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

This is the closest I could get, Hope it helps :idea: :idea: :idea:
:lol:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

:?:

It`s on a pipe and as I say it`s a sort of black rubber bulb which is squeezed to enable diesel to be primed through I believe. Just to prove I`m not going radio rental I think Vanny and Sleepy know what I mean :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

What, you don't like the light'bulbs' :? , no seriously I do know what you mean and I do have a good one but unfortunately it's still doing it's job on my diesel :cry:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

£8+tax from citroen, i bought one last week and they now sport Delphi branding so they must be pretty new (lucas have become Delphi).

Its a Xantia style diesel priming bulb, wouldn't bother going the scrappy as they never have any, seems to be one of the first things to get pilferred
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Cheers Vanny, I reckon even I can stretch to that! You busy this week mate?
Vauxhall apologist.
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

iirc they are the same as the ones used on practically all outboard motor fuel tanks! available from most marine places if you get stuck!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Saw something remarkably similar in my local B & Q Despot store - for dosing your central heating system with silencer or something.