Heater controls

BX Tech talk
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Heater controls

Post by timbo »

The "FLAP" that is controlled by the centre knob (fan knob)... can it be reached easier by removing the fan itself to see if there is a problem with it from that end? Has anybody had experience with the flap I am talking about?
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

As the fan is under the bonnet I think it is unlikely to be easier.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

I recently donated my fan to one of our members so the flap is revealed ..... and it's an easy exercise to remove fan to access it. Unfortunately that's all I know about it but can probably go and mess about to see what the control does etc (weather permitting) :wink:
Timbo where's that radio serial #, got the software waiting to decode ----^ ?
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

oops sorry had just got back from Brecon. Had another look at the serial (had got the wrong set of numbers). The serial is:
BP 0750B1302677

The other number is:
7 640 750 010

Give that a go mate.. sorry it took so long.
The bit about the flap.... is it possible to push the flap open and see where/how the flap is operated? I thought it might be easier to fix a problem from that end. I am NOT keen to try and pull the whole heater unit out to work at the backside of it... sounds like a nightmare.... thanks for your help bye the way
:D
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Hi code should be 1694, hope you know how to enter it :? :wink:

Will have a look at the the flappy thing when I can 8)
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

cheers mate.. i will run down and give it a go
code entry

Powering up this model will cause the display to show 'COD'. Enter the 4 digit code via the station presets 1-4 followed by pressing the station increment key. The first digit entered will alternate between 1 and 0 but the rest of the code can be 0 through 9.

Does this sound about right??
:?
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

yep sounds right, should work provided radio hasn't been custom recoded for instance as mentioned by Terry who has a mate in the business!

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

thanks... will run down and try it in about 30 mins (Mrs just made me a cupa) ... will give it a go and get straight back to you .... :lol:
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

yippee .... IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I now have an operating radio hehehehe .... cheers for that one .... now if there is any chance of you having a wee bit of a peek at that nasty little heater flap for me at some stage, oh and if you can tell me it will be VERY easy for me to fix mine (I think I can guess the answer to this one)... it will work out to be just fine .......
:D
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Well at least you can have the radio blaring in your lughole whilst battling with the heater control 8)

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'63 Renault Caravelle
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

hehe .... I'm hoping it's gona be easy..... :wink:
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

I have a similar heater-style question:

On the BX14 I picked up yesterday, the temp cannot be adjusted fully to cold: when the control is all the way round to the blue, it's still sending out warmish air. Might this a prob at the heater tap end, not closing properly... or is there supposed to be an ambient air hose or summat that might have come adrift? I'm not au fait with the BX14s!!

Cheers,

Mark.
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

Should be no different from any other BX. You could of course have the sticky heater tap problem. Get the swear box out, pusg the seat right back or even remove it, and grovel around in the drivers footwell, looking towards the radio console side. You will find the other end of the heater cable there, and should be able to locate the tap which it actuates. Manually (but carefully) give the tap itself some exercise: it often stiffens up over time. Carefully, because if it breaks the life gets a whole lot more complicated.
Back on two wheels and pedal power for the moment.
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

hhhmmmm I have poked and tweaked and twisted everything to do with the temp control, fan speed and airflow director. Everything looks ok and works just fine. I have looked up under the dash and everything there looks pristine and seems to work. I cannot see why the fan control will not turn back to the 1 oclock position and why I cannot get air to flow through from the fan. As the car was sitting under a tree for a long time, is it possible that the water has got into/under the fan shroud and gummed up the main flap and thats why I cannot get the flap open with the fan control? Tell me if this could be possible and if I am correct with the way the fan control actuates the main vent flap... otherwise I am barking up the wrong tree.
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

Its well worth spraying the water valve and mechanism round there with some silicon lubricant - as certainly on my car it keeps everything moving nicely.