Radio code

BX Tech talk
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Radio code

Post by timbo »

I have so far replaced the cigarette lighter (so I can power the Tomtom). I noticed that one of the iluminator lights under the fan/temp control was not working even though the globe is OK... so i don't know what the cause of that is.
Of course the radio code has not been entered because the code has been lost years ago. Does anybody know of a "FIX" for this. Is there a universal code around or something?
I have endeavoured to try and find the fault with the main vent flap for the heater (the fan works fine but no air at all, the dial for the fan will not turn anti-clockwise past 4 oclock either). I cannot for the life of me either see or feel anything and as I am not a bendy toy or have hands the size of a very small monkey, there is little chance of me ever being able to do so. What is the best attack for this? I am assuming it is the cable where it attaches to the said flap. If I pull on the cable it will turn the dial on the vent control panel. ??????
Oscar
1K Away

Post by Oscar »

The only fix I know is that sometimes (and it has happened more than once on this forum) the code is written on a sticker on the radio. Pull it out and have a look. Otherwise it's a recode at your local ICE shop.
(Red BX 1.7TZD ("Well, it is a style icon" - Tom Sheppard)) "Was", Tom, "was"
Terry Brooks
BXpert
Location: No 1 at the end of the bar .....@Milton Arms,Rotherham

Post by Terry Brooks »

Hi Timbo ....afaik ..........the radio will need to be re-coded/decoded? ......dunno what the situation is where you live but in my area there are a few places do them and one of them is owned/run by a freind of mine,he charges between £5/£25 for a recode [depending how old the radio is and whether hes covered the costs of the software to do that p'tic'lar model] and he puts in the code the customer asks for [pin #,last 4digits of yer phone or whatever]
HTH
Terry
Dont let the 2CV fool you,I'm not a hippy,I like violence
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

cheers guys I will try anything. Any hints with the heater? I am desperately trying to sort it out before winter (we are Australian and find it a bit cool during winter hehe). There can't be too much wrong with it surely as everything else seems to work just fine.
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

Timbo, what make of radio is it? If Blaupunkt cc20 I may be able to help.
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by daneinter »

There are a few websites where you can enter the serial no and make of the radio and some nice anorak will give you the code, failing that there are a few sites where you pay 5-6 quid for the same
Try radiocode.proboards6.com
timbo
Confirmed BX'er

Post by timbo »

yippee .... IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I now have an operating radio hehehehe .... cheers for that one .... now if there is any chance of you having a wee bit of a peek at that nasty little heater flap for me at some stage, oh and if you can tell me it will be VERY easy for me to fix mine (I think I can guess the answer to this one)... it will work out to be just fine .......
:D

Oh PS: does anybody have an operating manual or in PDF form I can download from them?
ed4ferrets
BXpert

Post by ed4ferrets »

daneinter wrote:There are a few websites where you can enter the serial no and make of the radio and some nice anorak will give you the code
Nicest compliment I've had in years :lol: :lol:
Marty said: "Take some small comfort from the fact that the driver of the other car, having failed the breath test will even now be in a little cell, with luck they will double him up with some mean bastard who will be tattooing a fandango on his arse"

'94 XM 2.1TD Break
'99 Xantia 1.9TD Break (almost there)
'63 Renault Caravelle
daneinter
Confirmed BX'er

Post by daneinter »

:oops: :oops: :oops: Oops