BX1.4I

Anything about BXs
OwenS
BXpert

BX1.4I

Post by OwenS »

Would I be right in thinking that the BX 1.4i was not imported here....shame because my injection ZX flies, would love to experience it in flyweight BX :D
2007 Sportka
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

I'd be surprised if it was, Jon. I thought the carb-fed 14TGE was the last stand of the TU 1.4-engined BX in the UK, as it was dropped completely once the ZX was introduced in 1991. I've got an old issue of "Buying Cars" from Jan 1992 which lists a fairly full ZX range of 1.4s and no 1.4 BXs at all. I may try and reproduce a scan of it if I've got time. A Parkers from a few years back (yes, I know, about as reliable as a chocolate engine mount) certainly has no mention of a 1.4i.

Of course, that doesn't stop anyone from taking the engine/injection system, and perhaps an exhaust and cat (though not a legal requirement) from a 1.4i-engined ZX and fitting it....
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

I thought it was reconed that the AX GT's with the twin choke carb were faster than the later injected ones - easier to fit a carb than FI.

jeremy
DLM
Our Trim Guru
My Cars: Historically, lots of BX hatches/estates in the 90s/00s - 16/19i/17td/19d
Recent scruffy diesel n/a estate - "The Red Shed" - is no longer mine.

Post by DLM »

...erm, funny you should say that. See my remarks on Owen's post on "tuning".