Bx Gti 8v Injector

BX Tech talk
pinfold
Confirmed BX'er

Bx Gti 8v Injector

Post by pinfold »

My 1991 bx gti 8v has had a fuel injector blow and i am currently trying to source a replacement. (which is proving rather difficult!)

Does anyone know if this would be the same injecters used on the 205gti?
Or any help on other citroen / peugeot that would have the same engine would be appreciated.

thanks

Matt
BX GTI 16V 1991
XANTIA SDX 1996 ESTATE
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

yes matey they are the same as all the pug gti engines! they are the yellow injectors! (often known by the colour!) quite common!!
Timmo.

After all I AM CORNISH!!!!

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
Way2go
Over 2k

Post by Way2go »

Are you sure its blown cos they do get gummed up & need an ultrasonic clean & servicing from time to time especially if youve used additives or injector cleaner.
You can check whether the coil is ok on a multimeter. Should read low ohms (but not s/c). Do not test with 12v cos they are pulsed by the ECU and applying 12 volts directly will kill them :(
1991 BX19GTi Auto
pinfold
Confirmed BX'er

Post by pinfold »

Thanks for that lads

I have just found a second hand one out of a 205 gti on ebay for £4.0 will give that a go.

Im pretty sure that the lads in the garage had tested the injector and concluded it was k'nackered. But that is interesting to know for the future especially as i purchased a 16v off whilst the 8v was off the road! My how much quicker is it :shock:
BX GTI 16V 1991
XANTIA SDX 1996 ESTATE
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

hahah! you've joined the dark side then!!! nice one good sir!
the 16v is alot more car as such than the 8v hey! i noticed the step up from my old 8v 309 (booked at slightly more power than the bx8v!) , dont be affriad to keep her going to the limiter either!!!

have a pop over to www.bx16v.com if you havent already!

whats the details of your car matey!?? colour,milage, etc???
Timmo.

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
pinfold
Confirmed BX'er

Post by pinfold »

Cornish

Its a Red (not sure citroen name but same as the one on 16v web page with black flames up the bonnet) 1991 in original state, 71,900miles on the clock oh when i say original stste, i do think he may have taken a leather interior out! but other than that original!

Things to do

Was bought with a prang on the front bumper, but negotiated a spare off him in the same colour, so need to replace that

T-Cut all over, my white 8v was the same but nether got round to dooing it

Oil pressure gauge dosnt work, lights up on ignition but thats it1

Light bulbs behind dash, or sould i say what light bulbs behind dash! not sure how big a job that is , but we will have a go :P

Great car though wanted one for some time, at 160 bhp i am now into 3 series BMW's or maybe the odd TT / Seat range.

Plus i can fill the boot with 25kg cement bags and drive off like im carrying nowt!

wouldnt mind at some time trying to get a bit more bhp out of her at some time, 180 would be ideal, any top tips for this?
BX GTI 16V 1991
XANTIA SDX 1996 ESTATE
Cornishbx16v
BXpert

Post by Cornishbx16v »

nice!
the oil pressure guage doesnt suprise me that it doesnt work! super common fault on them loL!
dash bulbs are a pain to do lol! to get the pod off you have to pop the front foglamp/ mirror switch unit out and take the clocktray out to get to the plastic buttlerfly type nuts on the inside and then remove the small bit infront of the display perspexy bit and the two screws that hold that on! then it should lift off! but remember to check the speedo cable its till on when you put it back!! the bulbs are the same as fruit manchine bulbs!!! i got 50 for £4.50 deliverd of ebay ages back! they are normally about £1 each in the factors!

as for more power, weell your best bet is chatting to toddman (screen name on here and 16v.com) or emailing him through his site www.bx16v.co.uk as he has doen a few bits to his to get it around that power!!
Timmo.

www.bx16v.com
www.bx16v.co.uk/forum
www.bx16valve.co.uk
pinfold
Confirmed BX'er

Post by pinfold »

are these the ones?

This card of 50, 5mm BRAND NEW FRUIT MACHINE BULBS 12V 2.2 watt. (Smaller Wedge Type.)
BX GTI 16V 1991
XANTIA SDX 1996 ESTATE
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

They should be 1.2Watt - or the heat loss will make the bulbs surrounding plastic crumble.
They are the tiny wedge type. Dont get them too cheap - as a bulb living in a shaking and vibrating car is a whole different life from the relative calm living in a fruit machine.
No fun to do the complete set over again within a few months.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
Toddman
BXpert

GTi

Post by Toddman »

Matt - the 205 GTi used a couple of different injectors IIRC some wee pale blue.
However I have a spare set of ZX Volcane yellow injectors and will happily send you one if you still need one.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
pinfold
Confirmed BX'er

Post by pinfold »

Thanks Luke

I have actually bought a yellow one off ebay, which should be the right one ( i hope) but as the guy hasnt actually sent it me yet i might take you up on yer offer!

Can i send a message direct to you through the forum?

Matt
BX GTI 16V 1991
XANTIA SDX 1996 ESTATE