1989/90 G reg Ph2 16v in grey - spares/repairs

Buy or sell parts etc. Please put 'Wanted' in the title if it is a request for parts.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

1989/90 G reg Ph2 16v in grey - spares/repairs

Post by Kitch »

Right, I know a guy who has this car for sale. Its a grey G reg ph2 16v with velour trim. Taxed and tested. The body is very very good and I didn't actually find ANY rust!

Basically its had the old chesnut....the bottom end bearings are cained. It does run, and when the bottom end isn't clanking its nuts off, it runs very very sweetly. Milage is around the 90k mark as I remember.
I managed to locate a bottom end off Toddman, although that was some time ago and things have been vague since, so not sure if its still there. Its either that or a rebuild. I'd be happy to undertake some of the work involved if you need. This can all be discussed.

Car is located in Aldershot, Hants. For further info PM me.

Offers around £250.

It really is worth saving, iots a very very tidy example.
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

PM sent... (he says mysteriously.... :lol: )
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Phil if you buy this which of course you should, we will have 2 matching cars! Thats a bit weird! :D
Toddman
BXpert

BX

Post by Toddman »

No worries about findinbg a good low mileage bottom end - I saved this one for Kitch a while back and it came from a known good 75k car which was sadly written off - I also have a new HG set,camblet and head bolts sat here that are available as well.

They are a smashing motor especially in this colour

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

I heartily agree Luke!
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I do have to say that witht he cost of doing up a house I can't even contemplate the cost of doing up a car. Even a 16v. I really should stop myself, I WILL however be looking NEXT year...
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Why wait that long :wink: :?:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Phil you know you want too! And 16vs are gtting hard to find! Why not buy it and store it.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Good thinking Tim. Phil, you would be mad to miss out if a reasonable one came along at the right price, say in a couple of weeks for instance :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I am as fickle and shifting as my bank account. It all depends upon 'readies'! Right car, wrong time? Happens all the time, but possibly storing it? Mmmm? Hadn't considered that....
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I bet you could find storage for a reasonable price somewhere Phil. Silver`s a lovely colour for a BX isn`t it?
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

This car really does deserve saving, its very close to mint already. Needs a good wash/polish. The OSF bumper has some scuffing and it has the silly curly exhaust not the proper 16v one, but thats all I could see.

If I had the space I'd get it in and fix it myself, then sell it has a working car. It drives now, but knocks its t*ts off. And of course thats doing more prolonged damage to the engine (although if its being changed you could just drive till it dies!)

Its a bit far for me to pop up and get some pics, although I may be passing in the near future and if I am I'll take some snaps.

Many thanks to Luke for the bottom end. £100 is peanuts for a known good low milage unit. As said, the fitting of this can be arranged for a very small fee....you aren't on your own!

Come on people.....if anyone is contemplating taking the plunge and getting a 16v, THIS is the one to get!

Because if I buy this and fix it myself, it'll be up for alot more than £250 + the engine! :lol: You could have a lovely ph2 valver for as little as £450! Decent ones are nearer to £1000 and trust me, this would be up there.

I await the lucky person :lol:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Kitch wrote: As said, the fitting of this can be arranged for a very small fee....
How small?

I've got a space in the barn thats sitting there costing me money with nothing in it.
Over and out from me
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

If someone could take it on I'd be interested next year to pay reasonably for the privilage of giving it a home. I forgot to mention too that I am down to one parking space at my new house - until I can find a lock up at least... :cry:
artic-steel

Post by artic-steel »

[quote] I forgot to mention too that I am down to one parking space at my new house - until I can find a lock up at least

Parents drive's are always worth an extra parking space[/code]