rear screen wiper

BX Tech talk
poormansgs

rear screen wiper

Post by poormansgs »

my rear wiper does not work. the fuse is ok , the washer works - but no wiper. If it could be the relay - please could someone tell me which relay.
It is an old 1.4 petrol.
thanks all
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Hi an welcome.
Now I had this happen and it was a broken wire where it comes out of the body and into the boot lid the cables are in a rubber tube at the top of the bootlib.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
Stewart (oily!)
1K Away

Post by Stewart (oily!) »

I have had a poorly performing rear wiper , when I removed the black plastic to have a look the motor was falling off, I tightened the bolts and away it went.
Stewart
TZD 19 TD one of the few
Xantia Td estate, going soft
BackinaBX
BXpert

Post by BackinaBX »

Try all of the above, but it could be that your motor has just packed up. That's what happened to mine. Get a new one from a scrapper (it's worth noting that it's the same motor as a 405 estate) and swap it over. Unplug it, three bolts. Job done.

My main problem was with a blocked up pipe running to the back window. At some point in it's history, someone used fairy liquid instead of screen wash... whole thing is now gunked up with foul smelling green glop. Guess I'll just have to live with it, because replacing the entire pipe will be a pain in the you-know-where.
"I'm not into art, I'm just a gun for hire" - Helmut Newton
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

I had the same problem with the dreaded fairy and its green gloop, the way i cured mine was i filled the tank with hot not boiling water and keep opperating the pump it eventually desolved it but i did also have to use a very large syringe and attatch it to the end of the pipe and force the hot water through at first as it was blocked solid.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
poormansgs

Post by poormansgs »

thanks - I'll try these things. I had assumed a relay was in circuit - but cannot hear one operating.
thanks
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Post by docchevron »

If the wiper has been getting slow in operation before it packed up it could be the spindle has seized. It's happened to me twice. Check its all free before condeming the motor
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...