CCC National

Here members post meetings, events, meet ups and the like
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

CCC National

Post by Philip Chidlow »

I reckon there were around 23 BXs there at one time. Not a bad turn out. I had a great day on Sunday. I think the quality of cars there was very high generally, and to the large part were a credit to their owners. The BXs were not out of place and certainly got their fair share of inspections! Luke's 16v got many admiring visitors. (Last time I park next to that car! :lol: )

Rather surprisingly, on the Sunday I saw no Visas and no AXs. No LN/LNA either (not really unexpected, I guess). Likewise, only one H van. But there were more SMs than I was expecting to see - and more DS's than you could shake a stick at (come to think of it - what does that mean exactly :? :roll: ).

For me, the car of the show was a lovely blue CX2200, and the turn out for the GS/GSA contingent was worthy of praise.

Well done to all.

I'll post some pics up soon.

Thanks to Ian for bringing our attention to this event... (hope your head's better) :wink:
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
mnde
Meteor Man
My Cars: 2007 Citroen Xsara Picasso 1.6 16V VTX
1982 Citroen GSA Spécial Estate - gone to a new home
1991 Citroen BX16 TGS Meteor - still out there somewhere!

Post by mnde »

Absolutely! I've yet to have the final figures, but I reckon we were up to around 50 GS/GSAs in the section display area on Sunday, which was a marvellous sight indeed and we were very pleased!! Only half the numbers we aspired towards, but would the slogan "Challenge 50" have attracted as many cars as "Challenge 100"? We were especially pleased to have 5 G's present from the French GS club - we were only expecting one!!

Glad you enjoyed the show - and sorry that I missed you Phil; my girlfriend said you'd stopped by for a chat while I was in the shower!

Cheers,

Mark.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

the happy go lucky posing Saturday crew!
Last edited by Vanny on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Vanny
Merseyside resident
My Cars: BX 16v Ph2 - Jazz
BX 16v Ph2 - XPO

Post by Vanny »

Last edited by Vanny on Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Philip Chidlow
Over 2k

Post by Philip Chidlow »

Shame I missed Tim's H***FEG - it was the one I was going to buy until I pulled out at the last min! Looks super...

And also a shame I missed F***RLO... looks nice too... I owned it once! Good to see it back on the road (well, field in this case :lol: )

I must say Saturday's array of BXs looked equally as impressive as yesterdays.

Well done chaps.
• 1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Hurricane
• 2006 Xsara Picasso 1.6 16v
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Photos from Sunday at http://baldbazza.fotopic.net/c1023832.html. A great day :D. Thanks to Ian and all involved in organising.

From a newbie's point of view it was also good to put faces to some of the names from the BX Club. See you all at the CCC meets in Beaulieu on 3rd September and Stratford on 17 September??? (I think there was a typo in the National rally's programme for Stratford; the Citroenian lists it as 15-17 Sept :? ).
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
Toddman
BXpert

CCC

Post by Toddman »

Yep! really was a cracking show and I agree with Phil the BXs seemed very at home with all the other older citroens and the collection of the more covetted models was great.

Some pics are here for download -
http://www.bx16valve.co.uk/Files/CCC.zip

Thanks for the comments Phil but we were having the same thoughts about your car it is such a straight example and A/C as well you lucky devil :P

And the big question is - did Kitch make it back home trouble free? - I beleive it was make or break for the car this weekend so fingers crossed it behaved and has won itself a reprieve.

Cheers
Luke
Please call me Luke :)
1989 BX 16valve White 70k - G764KEW

http://www.bx16valve.com
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Good photos lads.Glad you all had a good day
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
Baldbazza
BXpert

Re: CCC

Post by Baldbazza »

Toddman wrote:did Kitch make it back home trouble free?
Yep, both 16v and GT made it back home after a non-stop trip battling with Sunday-afternoon morons :x, although both could easily have been written off by some tw@ in a Pug 306 who pulled out in front of us on the A34 when we were both, er, seeing what the old cars could do :evil:

The GT got home first..... :lol:
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Vanny you didnt tell me I was on the pics, I would have done me hair first!
Ian_Fearn
Spender lotta cash on Citroens

Post by Ian_Fearn »

Thanks to all that attended, i had a fantastic weekend. Sunday was brilliant. I picked up quite a few bargains and saw some lovely cars.

Bear in mind the Stratford rally in September.
Over and out from me
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Great pictures gents, looks like a good day was had by all.
Vauxhall apologist.
Kitch
Over 2k
My Cars: Too many to list

Post by Kitch »

Car behaved brilliantly on Sunday. Only thing which let the weekend down for me was the paint on it....its started clouding :( But thats just age and for me to sort....the car itself couldn't have done it better!

It stays. :D

The tw@ wasn't a 306, it was a Golf mk4. And the GT may have been stretching its legs, but the 16v was merely jogging :lol:

Great day, even my g/f enjoyed it. Good to see Luke, Phil and Ian again and actually get a chance to chat unlike FCS!

Just a shame I didn't get to bring the AX. Glad the BX came overall, but it would have been nice to the AX in there seeing as there were no others there, being shown at least.

I'll be going to Stratford with a bit of luck.....no promises yet though :twisted:
One third of a three-spoke BX columnist team for the Citroenian magazine.

CCC BX registrar: The national BX register - click to submit a car!

1983(A) 16TRS (Rouge Valleunga)
1990(H) 16Valve (Rouge Furio)
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Hi guys,

I've been quiet on here lately, what with the departure of my BX, the arrival of a GS and massive disruptions in my home life. But I did make it to the CCC National on Sunday!

It was a great pleasure to meet Phil Chidlow, but whenever I went over to the BX section it was empty of people. I recognised a lot of the cars but I'm sorry I didn't get to meet any of you guys.

If any of you ventured in the mad world of the G-section, I hoped you clocked my Sally, in the middle of the G-section stand and proudly wearing her BXClub sticker.

Great day, and a great choice of venue. I was accompanied by an old friend who's not massively into cars but is willing to humour me; she was happy to have a decent restaurant and some fluffy animals around as well as the cars though.
stuart_hedges
1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

Mark, did we really make it to 50? The last figure I heard Chris say was 42. I never believed we'd make it to 100 but 50 would really be something to be proud of.