Sat nav question!

Anything about BXs
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Sat nav question!

Post by cavmad »

Sorry it`s not especially BX related but I have a Dell X5 PDA with Tom Tom installed. However there is no speed camera location installed and I would like it!
I believe you can pay to update it: Sleepy found me a link but I`ve managed to lose it, anyone have a link to the Tom Tom site please as I can`t find one?.
Also have seen the discs/e-mail attachements on eBay which claim to have all the info which you download to your home computer. Has anyone tried one of these, do they work and as my computer has many senior moments is there another way to access any info if I have an e-mail attachment sent to me?
Thanks in advance,
Vauxhall apologist.
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Billy what version of tomtom are you using?
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Err, erm, err I don`t know :oops: I can find out later though when I get home!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

Tom toms dont have speedcamera detectors as far as Im aware!
sleepy0905
1K Away

Post by sleepy0905 »

Tim they have the camera locations programed in and anounce when you are approaching a speed camera and tell you the speed limit.
2017 Seat Leon ST FR 2.0 150Bhp
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

I know Tim but you can get them updated to include speed cameras and celebrity voices etc. I`d have the Ozzy Osbourne one but I`m sure it`ll be unsuitable for my kid`s delicate ears :lol: I think I`ll go for Homer instead!
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

The one I have is rather old!
finishthat

Post by finishthat »

Hi,
it used to be free from here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

The pages around it and the whole site explain how to use it, basically you add a set of POI`s points of interest, which instead of hotels and hospitals
are speed cameras , its pretty easy, a google of tom tom and speed cameras should give you step by step.
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Thanks FinishThat. I`ve no found a forum where they were very helpful and have sent a link to access speed camera downloads. Only trouble is my home computer is shit and won`t let me download stuff. I think I`ve done it at work though for now that`s no bleeding use either as I didn`t bring my PDA in :oops: :lol: Back to good old taking it easy I guess, which isn`t really a problem as I don`t actually go that fast it`s a just in case job!
Vauxhall apologist.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

finishthat wrote:it used to be free from here http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php
I've been using this since buying a Tomtom Go a couple of years ago. It's an excellent list, built by joe public sending the locations of speed cameras, traffic light cameras, favourite mobile camera sites etc. 8)

Downloads used to be free but Pocket GPS World created a storm of controversy earlier this year by starting to charge for the list (which had after all been created out of information that 'members' had provided for free...).

Nevertheless, it's pretty cheap (£2 for a monthly download, £19 for a year), and they now offer free downloads if you submit a camera site that they don't already know about. Even if you pay, it's a lot cheaper than a £60 fine and 3 points. :wink:
tim leech wrote:The one I have is rather old
Assuming you're talking about your Tomtom software ..... you might be able to download free updates from http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.p ... Language=1
cavmad wrote:Also have seen the discs/e-mail attachements on eBay which claim to have all the info which you download to your home computer
Beware eBay in this case - these may be from faudsters who either pass on an old Pocket GPS World file or simply give (i.e. sell) you the URL to http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Bazza, nearly bought one of those eBay things but I have depp rooted mistrust of crap like them plus I could never download them on my pc anyway.
The site you have mentioned is one I joined last night and paid £2.00 for a month`s membership but I cannot download the links properly.
A chap from the site has sent me a link though which I`ll try out when I get home.
Vauxhall apologist.
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

Good luck - they've generally been helpful when I've had problems.
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT