Ignition System

BX Tech talk
hereschrisss

Ignition System

Post by hereschrisss »

Hi
I've just got a Citroen BX 14TE St Tropez, it was running fine then it got a problem.. It was running like it was running out of petrol, it wont tick over, i can get it started eventually and the engine runs if i rev it but if i take my foot off the accelerator it just cuts out, when i try to start it it sounds like its fireing on 2 cylinders, but does start eventually. I've changed the distributer cap and checked the petrol pump and the plugs, im now at a loose end and dont know what 2 do with it, could anybody help??

Chrisss
ken newbold
Over 2k

Post by ken newbold »

Hi Chrisss

Is it possible to determine which pots are not firing by removing the plug leads one at a time?

Do you have a good spark at all plugs? If so, you may need to borrow a compression tester to test each pot.

Could possibly be the plug leads if they are old.

Is this the St Tropez that was on ebay recently?
AndersDK
BXpert

Post by AndersDK »

Bad ignition module. The standard problem.
Its a flat device located on side of the distributor body.
C U / Anders - '90red16riBreak - '91GrisDolment16meteor - Project'88red19trsBreak
dead cars : '89white 16RS - '89antrasitTRDturboEst - '90white19triBreak
hereschrisss

Post by hereschrisss »

It is the St Tropez that was on ebay recently, about 2 weeks back, i picked it up for £250.

Thanx for that, is the ignition module the small black plastic thing what says 110v on or the flat metal thing screwed onto the distributer with the orange light in the middle? :lol:

Shall check the plug leads