1K Away

Post by stuart_hedges »

ok so i'm a bit odd.

Any other takers?
docchevron
The Immoderate half of the admin team

Re: showing a photobucket image

Post by docchevron »

Baldbazza wrote:I remember these coaches well; they were all run by 'Royal Blue' around here and painted dark blue and cream (can't remember whether 'Royal Blue' was national or just down south). They used to congregate in Southampton coach station on their way to London or Bournemouth etc before busses were re-privatised and bus and coach stations sold for building.
You know your stuff dude!! The old girl was, and will be again, cream/ rotal blue, she worked at St. Austall and went between plymouth and london. When I've got a ticket on the beast again (probably early next year) if anyone wants to have a go they are more than welcome! Driving big wagons is great, especially down narrow lanes when you see the car driver coming the other way emptying his bowels and having the fear of god put in to him!!!!
Cheers
Chris G
Smokes lots, because enough's enough already!

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Baldbazza
BXpert

Post by Baldbazza »

I look forward to it :D. Any plans to take part in the 'Friends of King Alfred' running days in Winchester when she's well again? (http://website.lineone.net/~fokab/runningday.htm)
1985 BX 19 GT
2007 Alfa Romeo GT
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

I've taken her down there a few times in the past. Very much doubt she'll be there next new years day but the year after, definetley! If you ever see it down there you'll find me and my "bus" mates sat in the pub in the high street which does great curries (Can't remember the name).
I'm constructing a building with a few mates with buses ay the mo so when thats finished I'll crack on and sort the beast out. Then I'll start on my 1971 Leyland FG ambulance (unique!).......Maybe I should dtay in more!?
Cheers.
Chris G

Far too many BX's, a bus, an ambulance a few trucks, not enough time and never enough cash...
Captain Slow
Confirmed BX'er

Post by Captain Slow »

Baldbazza wrote:
Kitch wrote:Dad's GT is around 186k, so I doubt thats going to win :wink:
Thanks Son. Hmm. So can I claim the prize for the highest mileage then, 186,972 ......? :P
The estate is on 198k 8)
Citroen C4 VTS
Citroen BX Estate 19RD
jeremy
Over 2k

Post by jeremy »

FG ambulance - has that the 3penny bit cab? (Slightly strange looking cab with doors that opened within the width of the vehicle so only so they weren't damaged when the driver was struck dismounting from the vehicle in a busy street.)
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

Er, no mate. You've got the right lorry though!! My fg has a wadham stringer fibreglass body with sliding doors, the only FG lorry look about it is the cab floor, the bulkhead and the windscreen, otherwise it looks nothing like an FG. Dont have any photo's of her on the puter at the mo but I'll attend to it directly and stick one on here, I know it aint a bx but it does have several bits of bx in the back at the mo!! :D :D
Cheers
Chris G

docchevron

Post by docchevron »

This is the only photo I have on the puter at the mo. I nicked it from THEFGGROUP website (but since it's my wagon I dont think they'll mind!)
It aint a very good picture but gives an idea of what the beast looks like, it sounds better!!!! 8)

Cheers
Chris G

cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

Does that say what I think it says on the illuminated sign on cab roof? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
tim leech

Post by tim leech »

VICTOR!
cavmad
Keeper of the site Goat

Post by cavmad »

My imagination is running riot here, need I say more :?: :lol:
Vauxhall apologist.
Barnsley BXer
1K Away

Post by Barnsley BXer »

Spooky :D :D :D
1990 GTI 4x4
1992 TZD
Dear Drooper............................
docchevron

Post by docchevron »

cavmad wrote:Does that say what I think it says on the illuminated sign on cab roof? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm sure its just a coincidence, but then, coincidences can be pretty coincidental sometimes! :D
Cheers
Chris G